Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Baby and studying, anyone?

Baby and studying, anyone? Lock Rss

Hey! My name's Amber and I am 19 with a 6 month old daughter, Tayah Jaine. I have been studying through open access, doing stage one of SACE.
Next year I want to do a TAFE course, enrolled nursing and that goes for a year and a half but I'm scared about Tayah in child care all that time. I want her to know who her family is and I want to be there for her. After Tafe I want to work for a year and then go to uni for 5 years.
3 years is registered nursing.
1 year is on the job
1 year is midwifery.

Is anyone else studying and has a baby? It's be great to share our fears and thoughts. Thankyou very much, Amber smile

Hello
I returned to study when my first was 18mths old at TAFE and did my division 2 nursing which was great but I like you want to complete my nursing...To complete my div. one it will be reduced to two years full time. My son went into childcare because I had no other option. I did find that hard but now I have two children the youngest 4mths and don't know how I am going to do it as my life is busy enough and We want to be pregnant mid-late next year.
I'm worried that I'll never get it done....who knows
all the best though
Jacqui x

Mum of 2 boys 3 1/2 and 19wks

Hey amber,
I'm kinda in a similar situation myself, and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I've got a 3 month old and I'm thinking of going back to uni next semester. She'll be about 6 months old then, and luckily I can do it from home, so there's no need to put her in daycare. Just wondering how others mum's have coped with the stress of studying and looking after bubs?

Sam and Hayley and bub

Hey amber,

I did enrolled nursing a tafe a few years ago it was unreal!

I started a thread like this a few weeks ago called 'anybody studying?' so you might find a few more girls there.

I am about to start a degree through distance to be a primary teacher - pretty scary, havent studied for years, plus i have 3 little ones at home.
Hey

I'm a full time uni student 3 1/2 month old baby, its pretty trying sometimes, but so far so good. It really i think just depends on what typue of baby you have and how much you really want to study. I do all my work while she is asleep, or sometimes she sits at the lap top with me and watches the screen while i type or research. Goodluck

Tiddles, Vic, 3/1/2006 dd

Sign in to follow this topic