Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. 9 mth old standing at tv??

9 mth old standing at tv?? Lock Rss

Hi there
i have a 9mth old and she stands up against the tv and slaps it etc...i realise it probably looks interesting to her as its so big and bright...but yesterday she slipped and hit right on her front tooth that is coming through--poor girl...which was just alwful and consisted of plenty of crying and blood....
How can we stop her from going up to it...we have continally tried to grab her and say NO but she either cracks it or just goes straight back there????Any suggestions would be great...

Bec,VIC,MIKI 16/7/05 JELLYBEAN EDD 24/8/07

Its a horrible experience, the first nasty fall where there is a bit of blood. Its hard not to feel guilty that it happened, but suppose, it wont be the last nasty fall - lol.

The TV thing is pretty common I think, it is bright and interesting to them like you said. We're just persisting with the 'no' and moving DD away. I try and put some toys and interesting things in other spots so she wont be so tempted. When we watch TV like the wiggles or ABC Kids I sit her on her couch away from the TV - trying to create a habbit (routine) as such. My concern is her intermittent habbit of bashing things - like grabbing a block and bashing every-thing she can with it - lol. I think she enjoys the different sounds it makes.

DH struggles with the discipline as doesn't really accept that it can take years for them to really get it. He gets annoyed as he has to keep saying no or telling her not to do some-thing. DD is going through a real testing time at the moment, kind of come out of the blue. I'm scared about the terrible 2's now - lol !!!

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi Becnmikayla,
(and Kazi & Ana!)
I had to laugh before entering this thread, as my Bubs does exactly the same thing, but without the bloody consequences.....yet! Plenty of slips and head/face banging though, as he climbs up to stand on just about anything.
I think you just have to keep saying 'NO" and moving them away.
Distraction, as usual, is the most effective way I have found of putting a stop to things.
Sorry no better advice, but I don't think they understand 'No' for a while.....

Jen and 13mth Harvey

OMG this drives me absolutley batty both jake and taylah have done this and shall i say they still do it worrys me to tears how it must affect there eyes so the telly is bearly on now i tried everything to stop them

Selene, NSW, JAKE 3 TAYLAH 1

Sign in to follow this topic