Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Do you use wipes when bubs

Do you use wipes when bubs Lock Rss

I was changing baby J at a friends house the other day, just a wet nappy nothing serious, and she said "oh wow, do you use wipes on wee's?", I replied with a "yup".
I never thought not to.

So my question is: Do you use a wipe when you change a wet nappy or reserve them just for pooey ones??
Eek!

Definitely use wipes with wee! Could you imagine going to the toilet and not wiping when you did a wee? LOL!

Besides, the urine can burn a baby's skin and cause nappy rash!
Yeh i do, I only use one and do a quick wipe over We call it a 'freshen up' .

Eek!

Definitely use wipes with wee! Could you imagine going to the toilet and not wiping when you did a wee? LOL!

Besides, the urine can burn a baby's skin and cause nappy rash!

That's what I thought. I imagine it would sting or give nappy rash if I didn't, so I do!
She just seemed really shocked, and I didn't know what to say so I just kept waffling on (like I do) about other things.

I was changing baby J at a friends house the other day, just a wet nappy nothing serious, and she said "oh wow, do you use wipes on wee's?", I replied with a "yup".
I never thought not to.

So my question is: Do you use a wipe when you change a wet nappy or reserve them just for pooey ones??

Yes most defiantly!

Yeh i do, I only use one and do a quick wipe over We call it a 'freshen up' .

That's all I do to, and in my silliness I explain that we're "getting the stinging wee's off now".
Yes.
Every time.
You'd be hard pressed to find an adult getting wee over their genitals and bum crack putting on a fresh pair of undies without cleaning first! Eeew!

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

I never thought not to.

ewww!! of course u need to use wipes when it's a wet one. think of all that yucky urine on their skin! the acid?!?! no wonder why some kids get nappy rash that just doesnt seem to go away hey

O wow....I would of thought that was odd. I'd never thought of it that way. With both our kids we've only wiped with number 2's. Thanks for the post, it has made me think differently. We never had any problems with DS getting nappy rash but DD has had it a couple of times really bad. I'll start doing that now and see how she goes. A big thanks to opening my eyes to it, never thought about it before!!!

O wow....I would of thought that was odd. I'd never thought of it that way. With both our kids we've only wiped with number 2's. Thanks for the post, it has made me think differently. We never had any problems with DS getting nappy rash but DD has had it a couple of times really bad. I'll start doing that now and see how she goes. A big thanks to opening my eyes to it, never thought about it before!!!

I was wondering if anyone would reply with a no. Glad you did though. I didn't know if what I was doing was the 'done' thing so thought I'd ask. As I said in another post earlier today, I'm a cleanfreak!

that's what this site is for smile sometimes it opens your eyes to things you never considered before smile hope your DD's rash clears up soon!

YES! Always have and always will... Ex-MIL never used to when she changed my boys (or the kids she looked after as a Family Day Care Worker) and it grossed me out!! I would always get a nappy and wipes etc out for her and she still wouldn't use them grrrrrrrrrrr. I have always used the analogy that we wouldn't go to the toilet without wiping so why should they!!

Anyway, rant over tongue

Sign in to follow this topic