Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Dealing With Nappy Rashes

Dealing With Nappy Rashes Lock Rss

The first time my baby had nappy rashes, I was horrified. His bum was red and the skin in the area really looked irritated. To top of this horrifying scene were the pitiful cries of my baby.

From that day on, I've been using an ointment that combines zinc oxide and calamine for his nappy rashes. Within a few hours after applying the ointment, his nappy rashes would be gone <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span> I even use the same ointment for whatever rash he has - even his eczema when he reached three years old. It doesn't exactly get rid of eczema rashes the way it does with nappy rashes. But it's still something that relieves him whenever he has eczema.

Still, as a first time mom, what I realized was that keeping his bum clean and dry all the time is the best way to keep him from having nappy rashes <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span> A highly absorbent diaper, good bum-cleaning habits, and some powder to keep his bum dry became my regular routine and he suffered from less nappy rashes since then.

How about you? How do you deal with your baby's nappy rashes?
Tui Bee Balm, letting his bum dry and plenty of nappy off time! smile

Tui Bee Balm, letting his bum dry and plenty of nappy off time! smile

Hey Anirtak! Will definitely give Tui Bee Balm a try for my upcoming baby smile Hope it works for her too! Well, in case she gets nappy rashes. lol. grin Thanks for sharing!

Anyone else who would like to share their thoughts on how they were able to manage their baby's nappy rashes? I have a new baby on the way and I'm looking forward to trying alternatives for what I've been used to!
I currently use a zinc and caster oil cream for my DS2, along with a barrier cream that's supposed to stop the urine from irritating skin when the nappy is on. Also definitely agree with lots of nappy-free time to allow the skin to dry and get some air.
Good luck with #2.
I applied my breast milk to bubs nappy rash and it worked amazingly!!!!

Has anyone linked the use of Infants Friend to nappy rash? I'm beginning to wonder.

I currently use a zinc and caster oil cream for my DS2, along with a barrier cream that's supposed to stop the urine from irritating skin when the nappy is on. Also definitely agree with lots of nappy-free time to allow the skin to dry and get some air.
Good luck with #2.

Thanks Jowill2000! Will give caster oil cream a try <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span> With my first child, I was afraid to give him "nappy-free" time simply because I didn't want to get pee all over the bed just in case he felt like doing it. Lol. I think I still am afraid of the same thing with #2 haha. Thanks for wishing me luck!

I applied my breast milk to bubs nappy rash and it worked amazingly!!!!

Really? This is definitely something I should try in case my upcoming daughter gets nappy rashes. Thanks for the share Rachel61!

Has anyone linked the use of Infants Friend to nappy rash? I'm beginning to wonder.

Hey there Mandy_Betts. Sorry. Haven't tried that one yet. Have you given it a try recently? Let me know if you have. Thanks!
[quote name='amandabenson' date='26 May 2011 - 04:04 AM' timestamp='1306346647' post='2995744']
[size="3"]

Really? This is definitely something I should try in case my upcoming daughter gets [url="http://www.goodbyeeczema.com/eczema-for-baby/"]... rashes[/url]. Thanks for the share Rachel61!

It really did work Honestly i swear by it!! (And my bub's got really bad cause i tried fifty other things and they didn't work)

[size="3"][quote name='Rachel61' date='26 May 2011 - 05:28 PM' timestamp='1306394921' post='2996361']
[quote name='amandabenson' date='26 May 2011 - 04:04 AM' timestamp='1306346647' post='2995744']
[size="3"]

Really? This is definitely something I should try in case my upcoming daughter gets [url="http://www.goodbyeeczema.com/eczema-for-baby/"]... rashes[/url]. Thanks for the share Rachel61!

It really did work Honestly i swear by it!! (And my bub's got really bad cause i tried fifty other things and they didn't work)
[/quote]

Thanks a bunch Rachel61! Will update you if it works for my new baby <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span> Due date is nearing!!! I'm so excited to have her in my life.
[/size]
Sign in to follow this topic