Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Dry skin question Lock Rss

DD has really dry skin and has had it since birth I usually give her a bath in just water (no baby bath stuff) and give her a massage (olive oil) after her bath her skin has improved but isn't 100% so I bought some QV wash today. So my question is should I still give her a massage with the olive oil aswell? Or will the QV wash be enough? TIA smile

DD has really dry skin and has had it since birth I usually give her a bath in just water (no baby bath stuff) and give her a massage (olive oil) after her bath her skin has improved but isn't 100% so I bought some QV wash today. So my question is should I still give her a massage with the olive oil aswell? Or will the QV wash be enough? TIA smile

Hi try Aveeno baby soothing relief moisture cream, I use it on my 13mth old for his eczema, works a treat, Also in his bath I use Aveeno baby wash and shampoo. It has natural colloidal oatmeal in it which helps to soothe and relieve dry/sensitive skin.I use it too and have extremely dry/sensitive skin and I love it.

jade82

a few weeks ago i had to take DD to the dr and he sad the best thing to use on her dry skin was sorbeline cream...... so for $2.50 it cleared it up beautifully smile
QV bath oil, than massage your bubba with QV cream or lotion, depending on what thickness you like and the dry skin should resolve in a few days!!
poor bubba! when my daughter was younger she had really dry skin too. i started using QV body wash in her bath and her skin is so soft now. also, she had eczema and the QV wash helped clear that perfect aswell. smile and i agree, sorbelene is the best. i still use it for my daily moisterier. not to mention it's very affordable. i hope it clears up soon! smile

a few weeks ago i had to take DD to the dr and he sad the best thing to use on her dry skin was sorbeline cream...... so for $2.50 it cleared it up beautifully smile

Sorbolene worked really well for my DS too smile
DS has eczema so gets washed in Alpha Keri and following up with Cetaphil which is really great.

Sorry, just realised I didn't actually answer your question. grin

You could see how she goes with just the QV wash but it's not really going to do her any harm doing both. You can also get a QV oil which you use in the bath and then rub all over the skin while still wet before patting dry. I found that really great for DS skin as well.
My son has very bad eczema that flares up with many moisturisers. For him sorbolene just isnt enough, olive oil does nothing and cetaphil makes him red raw! I started using QV body wash two weeks ago and use QV flare up cream after his bath. I was also prescribed a steriod cream which i used only for two days as i hated using it. So far the two QV creams together has been great and although it is still all over his body it is not as raised and not as red.
QV has been a life saver definetely keep up with it!
Speaking from personal experience, i used QV oil in the bath and then rubbed bio oil on my skin and i was twice as itchy as i normally was and it was from having too much oil on my skin. I would used qv in the bath, and then a baby lotion or sorbolene after as it is a different type of moisture.
DD has bad eczema and our paediatric dermatologist recommended oats in her bath. Plain water can dry out the skin.

I soak half a cup of oats in a stocking, and then put it in her bath. I also moisturise DD with emulsyfing oinment after her bath.

The QV wash on its own may not be enough (or it may be!), maybe see how she goes, and there is definitely no harm in also using the olive oil after if you need to.
Sign in to follow this topic