Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Getting car seat installed?

Getting car seat installed? Lock Rss

I see on here often people saying that they had their car seat "installed" , i dont understand... we have 5 cars/trucks so have moved car seats pretty much daily since day one. The seat belt just goes through it and clicks in.

Do people pay others to do that? and if they do is it "stuck" in that car??

excuse my ignorance! im just confused what people mean by "installed" as all 3 of our car seats including the capsule just used the seat belt and its super easy to do.

hope someone can clear this up for me smile
Some people do pay to get it installed, some hospitals do it or there are companies that can do it to for a small fee. We never got ours installed as like you said it is fairly straight forward, however the company we bought it from told us to come past and they would check it was done properly and they said it was exactly the way it should be.
The very 1st time our capsule went in I paid $20 to have it installed. It wasn't as simple as clicking in the seatbelt, my car actually needed to have the anchor point attached. With a great big huge belly I really couldn't be bothered climbing around the back seat of a Corolla with tools to do it myself. Since then I have always put it back myself if I had to take it out, plus in our new car it is much simpler to fit them onto the anchor points anyway.
Oh ok I see, I didint realize some seats needed anchor points , don't remember anyone telling me about them when we went seat shopping. Thanks for clearing that up! hehe I feel stupid coz I see lots of people talking about it and I didn't understand.

Oh ok I see, I didint realize some seats needed anchor points , don't remember anyone telling me about them when we went seat shopping. Thanks for clearing that up! hehe I feel stupid coz I see lots of people talking about it and I didn't understand.

Most cars these days come with them, otherwise you can buy them.
I am fine with it now iv done in 500 times but when my son was first born we had no idea. Its more about the bolt being correct i think, when we moved our son from the middle to the side we had him connected to the luggage thingy, which we thought was an anchor point. The reason we found out was because we hired a capsule from kidsafe and they install them in the car for you and it turned out we needed to hire an extra bolt for our sons seat too. So i am really glad now that we did get it checked and also glad we had only just moved his seat over to make room for DD. We didnt have to pay, im pretty sure they will check them for you for free
Ok I guess I'm still confused , what bolt ?? Our car seats just have the seat belt through the holes in the back. Our capsule was the same but the seat belt went around he back and through the holes in the front... Maybe we just have different seats , im in nz , maybe we don't have them here?

where ae the kidsafe check places in WA because when I have the next I want them to check if everything is safe

Here is the website www.kidsafewa.com.au

I dont know if there might be other organisations in other states but if u call they should be able to tell you

Ok I guess I'm still confused , what bolt ?? Our car seats just have the seat belt through the holes in the back. Our capsule was the same but the seat belt went around he back and through the holes in the front... Maybe we just have different seats , im in nz , maybe we don't have them here?

unsure i think this is why people get them installed or checked. I dont know but i wouldnt think there would be a lot of difference between nz and aus. Dont your car seats have a long belt connnection from the back usually at the top that looks like it needs to attach somewhere usually in boot or behind back seat?
i have a friend that doesn't bolt her carseat in cause her dp doesn't think its nessasary blink but i told her that it has to bolted in cause thats whats safe

i have a friend that doesn't bolt her carseat in cause her dp doesn't think its nessasary blink but i told her that it has to bolted in cause thats whats safe

I don't see how people can think not bolting a car seat in is ok?? Surely they can see the seat moving around when they are driving? We have 3 car seats in our car 2 maxi riders and another one and all 3 are bolted in there is no way I would risk my children's life by not installing the seat properly.

I bet your friend would soon see how necessary it is if they were in an accident and the child went flying out of the car!

I don't see how people can think not bolting a car seat in is ok?? Surely they can see the seat moving around when they are driving? We have 3 car seats in our car 2 maxi riders and another one and all 3 are bolted in there is no way I would risk my children's life by not installing the seat properly.

I bet your friend would soon see how necessary it is if they were in an accident and the child went flying out of the car!

yeah i know hey its not a very good idea but you cant make them do it can ya
we have too bolts so if we ever need to go in someone elses car we can bolt the carseat in cause it is just common sense to do it
Sign in to follow this topic