Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Huggies Nappies made in USA inferior quality

Huggies Nappies made in USA inferior quality Lock Rss

I purchased this jumbo box at Woolworths of Walker Boys 64 made in the USA last week (3 jun2012). The quality is appalling. They are flimsy in comparison to the normal made in Australia huggies and there are hard lumpy bits all through the lining - like they have been exposed to moisture and absorped it.

This is our third child, our eldest is now 9. We have been purchaseing huggies exclusively for our youngest two children, who are now three and two.

If this quality is going to continue why would I pay a premium price. I would much rather go to ALDI and buy their Mia range for a reduced price that is superior in quality to this latest lot of nappies manufactured in the USA.
Yes yes yes. Exactly same thing happening to us (and to friends), and we thought we were imagining things. Went up a size as thought that was the problem. Discovered they are now made in the USA. beyond disappointing. Every night (in winter) we have wet bedding ( a thick gro bag that won't dry), wet pjs, cold baby. It's absolutely miserable. Please if anyone has any recommendations, I cannot ditch huggies fast enough. Can't believe it has come to this. Desperately need a night nappy that DOES NOT LEAK. Huggies you have totally stuffed up. (There are two separate posts on this site discussing exact same problem - search under 'Huggies have changed their nappy quality".)
One thing that we have done to combat this problem in the past has been to change our kids before we go to bed usually about 10pm. This seems to work a majority of the time, and the nights I don't do it we usually end up with wet everything.

Good luck.
Hi there,

Our Customer Advisory Service always welcome your feedback and I would encourage you to contact the team so that your comments can be registered and passed onto management. As the official enquiry channel this is the best way to get your feedback heard. I have included the link below; https://www.huggies.com.au/AboutUs/ContactUs/de...

Cheers
Huggies Moderator
Hi,

Yep had the exact same problem and contacted Huggies and they explained the problem and were very helpful in finding a solution to the problem.

My advice - give them a call!

Cheers
Just bought some nappy pants because I am unable to buy any of the huggies nappies walker size that have been made in Australia. I can only find the ones made in USA that we have had huge problems with.

These nappy pants are a joke. Our son does one wee and has to be changed otherwise they leak everywhere and hang down around his knees.

I am off to Aldi to buy some of their Mia brand.
Suejnewton wrote:
Just bought some nappy pants because I am unable to buy any of the huggies nappies walker size that have been made in Australia. I can only find the ones made in USA that we have had huge problems with.

These nappy pants are a joke. Our son does one wee and has to be changed otherwise they leak everywhere and hang down around his knees.

I am off to Aldi to buy some of their Mia brand.

Sorry to hear you've had a problem with our Nappy-Pants. Please email our Customer Advisory Service, as your feedback is very important to us.

I HAVE contacted your Customer Advisory Service and they sent me another email that I have responed to!!!!!!!!!!

And I did go to ALDI and buy their MIA brand and they are much better!!!
Hey??? What? Are they seriously now made in usa?? Wow, when I used to look at buying nappies I always looked at where they were made as a deciding factor. Hence why I usually chose huggies or baby love ect. Glad my ds is now toilet trained. smile

Suejnewton wrote:
I HAVE contacted your Customer Advisory Service and they sent me another email that I have responed to!!!!!!!!!!

And I did go to ALDI and buy their MIA brand and they are much better!!!

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to contact our Customer Advisory Team. We understand that it can be frustrating having to provide additional information, but in order to follow up your complaint, it may be necessary for the team to request information such as the size of the nappy, the gender, as well as the packaging codes.

Once again we do appreciate the time you have taken to leave your feedback.
missy_83h wrote:
Hey??? What? Are they seriously now made in usa?? Wow, when I used to look at buying nappies I always looked at where they were made as a deciding factor. Hence why I usually chose huggies or baby love ect. Glad my ds is now toilet trained. smile

We are proud to make Huggies Nappies in Australia and continue to support Aussie workers and their families through jobs.

The Huggies Walker size nappy, was temporarily imported from the USA to help with a short-term supply issue.
HuggiesModerator wrote:
missy_83h wrote:

We are proud to make Huggies Nappies in Australia and continue to support Aussie workers and their families through jobs.

The Huggies Walker size nappy, was temporarily imported from the USA to help with a short-term supply issue.

Temporarily? Its been like 2 months! This isnt the only website full of complaints about the change in quality either, just so you know....

Sign in to follow this topic