Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. A little something for Mum's (especially with Mother's Day this Weekend)

A little something for Mum's (especially with Mother's Day this Weekend) Rss

Ladies

As a hard-working almost single mum (DH works on a mine 2 weeks on/ 1 week off) to 2 beautiful kids - I wanted to share a little something with you! My Mum, like me - was the wife of a miner and a mother of 4 children. Most of my life, my father was Fly In/Fly Out (or FIFO as we all 'em) - I had no appreciation for her sacrifices until I became a mother myself. I came across this piece in 1996 - I read it and life "clicked" for me (I was a problem child) - I wanted to give it to my Mum that year (I was 22) but chickend out. I became a Mum in 2000 - and it made even more sense since then! I have finally summomed up the courage to present it to my Mum this Sunday... I guess it doesn't help that DH will be away at work this Mother's Day and I'll awake to nothing - but for all you Ma's out there, read along and feel appreciated - it might take a while (hopefully not 22 years like me) but your bambinos love you!!

MOTHERS
When God (or whoever you believe in) was creating Mothers he was into his sixth day of overtime when an angel appeared and said "You're doing a lot of fiddling aoune on this one".
God said "Have you read the specification on this order? She has to be completely washable, but no plastic, have 180 moving parts, all replaceable, run on black coffee and leftovers, have a lap that disappears when she stands up, a kiss that can cure anything from a boken leg to a disappointed love affair, and six par of hands".
The angel shooj his head and slowly said " Six pairs of hands? That's impossible."
"It;s not the hands that are causing me problems" siad God "It's the 3 pairs of eyes that mothers have to have"
"That's on the standard model?" asked the angel.
God nodded "one pair that can see through closed doors when she asks 'What are you kids doing in there' when she already knows, another here in the back of her head that sees what she shouldn't, but has to know and of course - the ones her in front that can look at a child when he goofs up without so much as uttering a word".
The angel touched his sleeve gently and said "Come to bed".
"I can't" said God "I'm so close to creating something so close to myself. Already I have one who heals herself when she is sick, can feed a family of six on a kilo of mince and get a nine year old to stand in the shower".
The angel circled the model of the mother very slowly "It's too soft" he sighed.
"But tough" God siad excitedly, "you cannot imagine what this mother can do or endure".
"Can it think?"
"Not only think, but reason and compromise".
Finally, the angel bent over and ran his finger across the cheek:
"There's a leak" he pronounced, "I told you you were tying to put too much into this model!"
"It's not a leak" said God, "It's a tear".
"What's it for?" asked the angel.
"It's for joy, sadness, disappointment, pain, loneliness and pride".
"You're a genius" said the angel.
God looked sombre - "I didn't put it there".

Kinda sums it up!

Have a wonderful day Mums!

xx

Kerry, WA, DD 09/00 & DS 11/05

its beautiful your mum is very lucky to have you and sure she will give you a little tear as well

ngahuia, 4mths

Oh Kerry, Your mum will love it!!

She will just love it.
Kerry
hope you have a wonderful day too
thank you for sharing such a beautiful story
happpy mothers day to all!

Rachel, QLD mum of Zaki 21 months

Sign in to follow this topic