Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Cradle cap. how do i get rid of it

Cradle cap. how do i get rid of it Lock Rss

Hey there,

I think ashlee has cradle cap, its like severe dandruff, but its on her head not through her hair.. she has tonnes of hair.. about 6 or 7cm long, and she is 15 weeks old..

Can anyone tell me, what i can use to get rid of it.. my mum said baking soda and warm olive oil, thats what she used for my sister and me. is this true ?

Or is it something they dont do these days. like most things. lol

Any help would be appreciated...

I love my babies .....

Hi,

I'll tell you what helped us:
warm olive oil and massage of the head and when it gets soft just brush it.
Diana also has long hairs, but this method helped
I found it out from Dr Green's "Your Baby" book
Good luck

Diana is 22 months old

You can just try rubbing on baby oil with some cotton wool. Put it on before bed and let her sleep with it on. Then in the morning it will have softened.
Cradle cap is basically a dry scalp - so any oil will help moisturise the scalp and reduce the cradle cap. The gross part is in the morning when it has softened and is all through the hair! eww!!!!

PS. My DS shares a birthday with your DD!
i must let you know i used olive oil on my bubs head and it made it worse!!!!!!

i went to the chemist and bought cradle cap gel,you apply it 3 times a day for 3 days,not wetting the hair at bath time,and hey presto it is fantasic!!!!!!Really does work!!!

xxxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Easy
Rub vaseline on the scalp after bath, leave it overnight then brush out in morning- she will have spiky hair for a couple of days, but trust me it starts falling out straight away.

CYA
LISA
** BUMP **

DD#1 - 3.7yrs, DD#2 -20mnths, DD#3 is here! 21.08.

Sign in to follow this topic