Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Homemade Baby Wipes - Which Paper Towels?

Homemade Baby Wipes - Which Paper Towels? Rss

Does anyone make their own babywipes? We did for our DD (now 5), we used to use Viva Paper Towels and cut the rolls in half. Now the rolls are shorter - too long to use without cutting but too short to cut in half.

What papertowels do you use?
Don't use paper towels. Use old flannelette pyjamas or old flannelette sheets/pillowcases cut up into convenient size. Oversew the edges on sewing machine, neat hems not necessary, just seal the raw edges. Make about 20 of these, wet them to use, dump used ones in a bucket to soak, then put them in your normal wash and they last for years. I am still using my original set for baby no 2 who is now 2 1/2. My midwife also recommended cutting up Chux wipes for home made baby wipes, which I did also try. They are nice and soft (nicer on the skin than paper towels), can be machine washed a few times before they start to disintegrate and go in the bin, and don't need any sewing, so they are a good compromise.
I used viva with my son and I bought some more this time, but I haven't used them yet (I got a stash of treasures wipes for the early days when I didn't think I would be bothered to make the wipes up tongue)

Are there any other brands that have that wavy thing going on? If there are I would try them.

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

So I've just been for a trip to the supermarket (normally do online shopping!!!) & managed to find some Tuffy Super Strength (4ply) and they withstood the cutting process so that's a good start. Just doing a test run now. Thanks for your responses!

Can you let me know how they hold up please? Gonna try the viva that I've already bought, but it sounds like I might be on the hunt for some new ones.

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Sure!!!
If youre going to use paper towels why not just use wipes?

Using cloth instead makes sence, its by far cheaper and better for environment. But why paper towels?

Because you can use almond oil and a natural body wash to create a natural wipe - we did this we DD and she never once had nappy rash or any irritation - so much gentler on their wee bums! & it still works out cheaper.
Zinkles wrote:
Can you let me know how they hold up please? Gonna try the viva that I've already bought, but it sounds like I might be on the hunt for some new ones.

Zinkles - the Tuffy Super Charge/Strength (4ply) ones work fine using my Viva recipe. They come in single packs. They were on special at Countdown this week so I've been down and stocked up.
Casey2 wrote:
Zinkles wrote:

Zinkles - the Tuffy Super Charge/Strength (4ply) ones work fine using my Viva recipe. They come in single packs. They were on special at Countdown this week so I've been down and stocked up.

Thanks for that grin

Sign in to follow this topic