Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Nappy Rash Lock Rss

My little girl is 10 months old and to date we have not suffered any nappy rash until today! Could anyone recommend the best creams to use??
thanks
Hi Melissa Jane

I use Sudocrem by Heinz I think it is. Ive found it to be brilliant for even the slightest sign of nappy rash.

You can buy it from most supermarkets or try the chemist if you can't find it there.

Good Luck!

Tracy, SA, DD 15/3/04 & TTC #2

Hi

When my son had a bad nappy rash we used everything that was recommended to us. The best cream I found that worked for my son was Bepanthen (Fragrance Free) I swear by it and it also prevents any further nappy rash.
You can buy it from your local supermarket or chemist

Good Luck
Cheers Mel
Hi Melissa

I recomend sudocrem. It is the best and when my little girl developed a bad rash it cleared up really quickly with this cream

Good luck

Annette

Annette WA mummy to Keisha 080304 & Thehan 200307

Hi
My son is just 9 months old yesterday and he has had a bad nappy rash for around 1 month (I feel like a terrible mother) now I tried sudacream for around a week didnt worked(but had in the past) than I tried Curash(cream and powder) Still No change. For about 1 week and half now I have been using Herron Zinc and Castor oil. It seems to be working, its taken away the dryness and it's only in on spot just near and around the cress of his leg, he is a chubby legged boy and I did read that it is common there from the rubbing of the nappy. I also use Pure Cornstarch Powder (J&Js) with the cream to keep away any moisture.
My son also has been teething and I have been told that this can cause a rash but I dont know if its just an old wise tale, Is it? Any way(listen to me blah blah blah sorry) Melissa I recommened herron Zinc and Castor oil but from my experience it really depends on your baby! Sudacream always use to do the job too!
meli

Mummy to 3 Boys

Hi,
I also use Bepanthen and have found this to be awesome. I remeber my midwife telling me that Papaya (if I spelt it wrong, sorry) cream is even better, but I haven't tried it yet as Bepanthen works good enough for me.

Rebecca, NZ, Boy born 30/10/03

Hi Melissa and other lovely mummies,

I alternate between the sudocream and Lucas' Papaw ointment. The sudocream to prevent nappy rash (although it doesn't always) and the Papaw ointment to soothe.

bubsy32

Hi

thanks for the info, tried bepanthen and has fixed the problem, thanks everyone for your help!
mel
Hi, I don't know if your daughters nappy rash has cleared up yet as you posted this a while ago but I found that calendula cream is great. It is a natural product and it generally clears up the nappy rash within about 2-3 days. And also you can by either the nappy rash cream - calendula ointment or the calendual wound heal ointment which is stronger but can be used on ezcema and dribble rashes or any other cuts - eg if bubs sratches themselves with a sharp fingernail.
(my sons mails grow so fast, he often has little cuts on his face- they are gone using the cream in 1 day)
Hope this late info helps...

Mum to Jai and Chase!

Sign in to follow this topic