Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. The worst couple of days!!! :(

The worst couple of days!!! :( Lock Rss

Hi,

I am feeling so bad at the moment so just had to write why. My dd is 8 months and standing up everywhere and then falling down a lot as well and I arn't always right there to stop her hitting her head so we have lots of tears.. anyway
Yesterday at mums group she was standing and holding on to a table and fell back and landed on her butt but kept going and hit her head = tears for maybe 20secs
Then as I was leaving mums group I was holding Kyla, her nappy bag and 2 other bags and she leant backwards and I dropped her. I managed to catch her and somehow (its a blur) got her to the ground using her arm and cardigan and she did hit the ground but kinda with me guiding her so nothing hard or as bad as her earlier fall so = 5 secs of tears until she got my keys but for me the 2nd scariest moment ever!
Then today she just keeps falling over even though I save heaps of falls!
Then tonight she falls from a spot she never usually does and hits her head on the window for the 1st time ever! The curtains were shut and it only was about = 5 secs of tears and no marks or anything...but then my hubby comes home b 4 and takes me outside and the window is all cracked!

So now I am feeling like the worst mum ever just wanting to hold my bub and make sure she is alright and doesn't actually have any glass in her head (even though I know she doesn't) but she is alseep and quite happy.

Still doesn't make me feel any better sad

Oh Kel, it is the worst feeling isn't it. You just can't help but feel guilty, like its your fault they had a fall. To make it worse, people that see it or a bruise seem to give you these looks like you are a bad parent. It just seems like some babies are more accident prone. I'm not sure if its because they are more active, more adventurous or just naturally clumsy. You have certainly had a bad coupe of days - lets hope she is getting all the falls over and done with in one hit - lol.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

dont feel bad
if anything its going to make her a stong bub,
able to get back up and dust herself off lol

we are all going to go through this and the truth is we are not super mums,we dontt have cameras in the back of our head

we do the best we can and thats that

please dont feel bad!!!
xxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hi gizmo I know how you feel and its awful when bubs hits their heads and we arent machines or supermums but we still feel guilty but it will make our children strong and make themself dust themselfs off and get back again and take on the world.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic