Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. How to get rid of the dummy??

How to get rid of the dummy?? Lock Rss

Hi All,

My daughter is 6 months old and has a dummy, she sleeps pretty well at night but wakes several times and just needs the dummy put back in, any suggestions on how to get rid of the dummy?? I put her to bed without it but she just screamed so much and got really upset that I ended up giving it to her and she went straight to sleep. I have introdued a special toy to her over the last few weeks in hope to replace the dummy with this but it doesnt seem to work. Any ideas/suggestions would be great. Thanks, Sarah.
I too bought DD a lovely sooky bear to snuggle up to and forget bout dum dums

to no avail!!!

I think unles your willing to go cold turkey you will have to wait till your old enough to explain that the dummy fairie is coming for a visit

a solution till then is that my DD,who is obbssed with hers,sleeps with 6!!

yes this may seem a tad exxessseeeive buuuutt.....
it works!!!

2 down the end of the bed and the rest in a little halo around her head

xxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

my boy Kai at 4 months had the same thing he was waking in the end 7 times a night for me to put his dummy back in. I went to the health nurse and she said i had to teach him how to fall asleep without it. It took 4 nights of him getting abit upset not really crying before he'd fall asleep but it worked. I would go back in every five minutes to check him and let him know that everything is ok. He now sleeps with a blanket that he cuddles. I found our health nurse was very helpful with these things.
Hope this helps

ahh the dummy problem
g'day, i work in child care, have come across this problem sooo many times and is the exact reason i neverr gav my bub a dummy.
once introduced its very hard to get rid of.
try stoppin the dummy during day naps......this way u can give ur bub the dummy during the night for abit longer....while u get sum much needed sleep.........and tho ur bub may be unsettled during day nap.... u can handle it much better then night time !!
she will be concentratin on the dummy, so introduce something new for bed time...like 5 mins cuddles. or a song. or music. or musical toy or speical blanket....this will replace her need for the dummy
start with that n see how it goes.
hope it goes well and rmember consistency is the key !!
let me know how it goes.
gdluk
danni
oxxo

Danni, WA,

bump 4 bec
Day 5 dummy free and counting!
Went cold turkey Monday morning and boy was it a nightmare, have almost given so many times (especially in the first 3 days!).
But I havn't and I am glad.
yay for being dummy free!!!

Sign in to follow this topic