Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Nappy Rash.. Lock Rss

Hello!

I know there are already quite a few posts on Nappy Rash, and I've read them all to see if I can get any tips on how to get rid of my bub's nappy rash...I'm hoping I can get some different ideas because our case seems a little different, and being the panicky type I am, it's driving me nuts worrying why it wont go away.

My princess is almost 4 months, and all of a sudden she broke out in this horrible nappy rash. She hasn't had even a mild case before this, and I'm quite concerned because in most of the other posts it appears it's mostly over the bub's little botty's. In her case she has none on her bottom, but seems to be mostly on the front, and in the creases of her legs at the front. I've tried most of the creams that have been mentioned, and I started using Curash powder and it seemed to keep her very dry which was good, but now where she is very very red seems to be drying out and peeling (there is no pus or anything, just looks a little like sunburn and when that starts to peel).

I'm hoping this means it's starting to heal, but if anyone can please help put my mind at ease and confirm what my baby has actually sounds like Nappy Rash, and nothing more serious would be greatly appreciated. It's been lingering around for about a week now, started off red with little pimply type things in some spots, but now it's just mostly red and looks like it's burnt...I feel terrible, but it doesn't seem to be fazing her very much.

She usually has her nappy off for about an hour and a half over each day as well..if that helps.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing from anyone!

smile

.x. Just Me & My Princess .x.

HI Mel

Is your baby botle feed or breastfeed?
if she is bottle feed maybe her formula is to strong for her which can cause a build up of acid in her urine which in turn can burn if you are breast feeding then do u drink alot of juice? (the same reasons as before) Try giving her a small bottle of water about 3 times a day to help break down some acid but if you find that it is still worrying you take her to a health care clinc & they can give you some better advice.
Hi. There are two types of bepanthem. I used the ointmint but when my neice had a really bad nappy rash, i mean blood spots and blistery, my sister used the bepanthem antiseptic and it cleared up in two days. I couldnt get over it, so now I keep it handy too.

Sam Qld,

Is your baby teething? My DD never had nappy rash until she was about to get a tooth, then she got a really pimply red bum for a few days, which cleared up then the tooth appeared.

Hello!

I know there are already quite a few posts on Nappy Rash, and I've read them all to see if I can get any tips on how to get rid of my bub's nappy rash...I'm hoping I can get some different ideas because our case seems a little different, and being the panicky type I am, it's driving me nuts worrying why it wont go away.

My princess is almost 4 months, and all of a sudden she broke out in this horrible nappy rash. She hasn't had even a mild case before this, and I'm quite concerned because in most of the other posts it appears it's mostly over the bub's little botty's. In her case she has none on her bottom, but seems to be mostly on the front, and in the creases of her legs at the front. I've tried most of the creams that have been mentioned, and I started using Curash powder and it seemed to keep her very dry which was good, but now where she is very very red seems to be drying out and peeling (there is no pus or anything, just looks a little like sunburn and when that starts to peel).

I'm hoping this means it's starting to heal, but if anyone can please help put my mind at ease and confirm what my baby has actually sounds like Nappy Rash, and nothing more serious would be greatly appreciated. It's been lingering around for about a week now, started off red with little pimply type things in some spots, but now it's just mostly red and looks like it's burnt...I feel terrible, but it doesn't seem to be fazing her very much.

She usually has her nappy off for about an hour and a half over each day as well..if that helps.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing from anyone!

smile

Hey, My daughter had nappy rash so bad, and i tried every cream out there. the best cream that i found, DESITIN cream!! could not recommend it enough, rash gone in a few days. it is a zinc base so it really sicks to the area. you should try it! let me know how you go!!
It sounds like thrush - get some antifungal cream from your GP.
This is from 2006, I have a feeling it may have been sorted by now smile
lol smile I hope so smile
Sign in to follow this topic