Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

A reliable thermometer! Lock Rss

Hi all,

I would like to have feedback on the thermometers you use. I have a Braun stick in the ear one. It has seen me through my first baby. Now I have my second I find that it is wonky!

I take my daughter's temp when she feels hot and it gives me a reading of around 35 to 38 all in the time of 5 mins. It could be because I have dropped it more than once (in the middle of the night when trying to find it!).

I want to get a new one and want help as to what I choose. My GP says the one I've got is the best as it is the most relaible method of all and the only method used in major hospitals but another GP told me that the ones that are placed close to the forehead works just as well and you don't need to disturb the baby. Fine! But another person tells me that it is not as good because it gives a false reading because it is not in contact with the body and therefore has air circulating as well.

Then there's the one that you place on the forehead but I have been told that it takes forever to get a accurate reading as you have to wait for it to reach maximum temp.

As you can see it is all so confusing. So, what do you use and how is it good or bad.

So sorry to be so long winded!!!!!!!!!!

Mum to Aidan 20 Jan 04 and Georgia 10 Nov 05

id be interested as well because i've got one of those stick under the arm ones. its horrible! my nurse in hospital told me they are great, but ours takes like 5 minutes to get a reading. even then its not accurate!!!!! its hard getting a 4 month old to sit still for 5 minutes without screaming!!!!!

Tania. WA, Daniel - 26/01/06... smile

I recently got the Braun one you mentioned Sausi. I had the under the arm one, it was crap as took a minute to register and not reliable. I got the Braun one as its said to be the best etc. I do know they don't take well to being dropped so imagine that can mess with the electronics a bit.

I found when DD got a fever and gastro a few weeks ago that her temperature would fluctuate quite rapidly, especially after panadol (obviously). It definately differs from ear to ear, tested it out on DH and I as didn't believe the phamplet - lol. I wonder if you can get the Braun ones 'serviced' or if you have to replace them once they start playing up.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic