Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Giving Baby Water Lock Rss

Hi everyone!. Was wondering when i should be offering my little boy some water. He is 13 weeks now, i am breastfeeding, except he has one bottle at night to keep him familiar with drinking from the bottle!. also how much and how often would other mums reccomend?.

Liz,Mum To Sam 09/01/05

My dauhter is only 6 weeks old but has been having 120ml of water eah ay since she was 4 weeks. She seems to like it so i would give it a go now.
Hi sam,
My lttle girl is 22 weeks old now and i have been giving her water since she was two weeks old as this summer was a hot one and milk dyhedrates babys quicker. so whenever u feel feel ur boy needs it. don't listin to nurse when it come to it.
listin to ur self as u are his mother.

Shazz and beautiful Sarah

Hey,
im the same, my daughter is now 6 months old and i'v been giving her water since she was only a few weeks old. Coz the heat she woud get dehydrated so i would give her boiled water.she love drinking water now an i have know problems giving it to her which can only make things better later on in life. It has also helped to get her ready for the bottle as im having to give up the breast alot sooner than i had hoped.

Frances,Sophie 2 3/4 smile

i'll just let you know that breastfed babies dont need to have any water because of the way breastmilk is made. they only need to start drinking a small amount of water when they start solids to avoid constipation. even on very hot days no water is needed for breastfewd bubs because your breast milk actually changes to suit your babies requirements

sam,VIc, girl 12/10/04, 4 and 6 yrs boys

i have tried giving my baby water since he was about 3weeks old he is now 3 1/2months and still doesnt like it! he wont drink it, but he will drink 1 feed a night from a bottle aslo.
i persisted for 2weeks trying to give him the water, but it didnt work. im sure he will let me know when he is ready for it.

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Hi Everyone,

I have been giving my baby girl water since she was 9 weeks old as of the hot summer.She was having about 100ml a day and now she is 5 months old and loves her water drinks a lot of it every day.I would start your little boy on water now.
Bye
You definitely don't need to give baby water with breastmilk however I find it good to get rid of hiccups when she is trying to go to sleep. She only needs a couple of sucks on a bottle and they are gone so she can go peacefully to sleep.

Mum to Bella Grace

hi i have been given my baby girl water since 2 weeks(boiled water).

ME 30, DH 32, DD 10 , DD 4 and baby due 24th May 2015

Sign in to follow this topic