Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Oven Safety Lock Rss

Hi, my little girl is nearly 10 months and will not leave me alone for a second! Therefore she is under foot all the time. I have a stand alone oven and need to put something around it to stop her from touching the front when it is on. Is there anything out there that you can clip onto your oven that will help me out here? I have searched websites to no avail. I know it would be easier to keep her out of the kitchen but I have a wierd setup that doesnt allow a gate to be attached anywhere. The only thing that I have found is a fireplace guard, but they sell for $200 +, and I'm looking for something a little cheaper!!
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Hi there,

The entry to our kitchen is on an angle, so were not able to set up a normal gate either and had the added problem of the house being a rental. We really had to keep our son out of the kitchen though as there were far too many dangers. In the end, we went to Bunnings Hardware and bought a piece of outdoor latice (Made from that strong outdoor plastic) and got them to cut it to size for us. It is just the right height for us to step over easily, but high enough to keep our son out. We then went to the hook section and picked up a few of those strong stick on hooks that have a loop instead of a hook. (Hard to explain, but they are removable and the hook clips back onto itself) We have had no problems with this set up at all and has been so much less stressful not having to watch the oven and drawers all the time.

Just wondering if something like this will help with your setup?? smile
Good Luck

Linda - mum to Riley 13.04.04 (#2 Due 29.12.05)

Hi Linda
Thanks for your reply. I have a really huge kitchen and I really don't want to block off the whole room to her. It is more like and island unit I guess is the best way to describe it, just on warped angles! The draws and cupboard are no problem as she cant get into them anyway. I really thought there would be some invention out there that would just clip onto an oven! Maybe I should invent one!!
Cheers again
Tanya

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Hi there!!

If they haven't invented one I am sure that you could make a lot of money out of it!!!

Good Luck with sorting it out!! smile

Linda - mum to Riley 13.04.04 (#2 Due 29.12.05)

Sign in to follow this topic