Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

child care Lock Rss

Hi,

whats the difference between family day care and child care ??

Aimee, 4 year old princess

hi i have worked in both for many years so i think i may help
a childcare centre is where there is more kids and more hours stricter routines etc
family day care is a home based care where there are only one carer and 5 children (if under 3)
familydaycare is good because they are in a house environment but some cares can be slack so cheak first
daycare centres are getting so much better and they make nice meals and have so much more to do there may be more cuts and bruses but at least they meet more people and have more to do

anymore questions email me on
green_ant83@yahoo.com

SA mum with baby jacob 20th sep 04

hi thanks for your reply,

this may sound stupid but how do you finda fmily day care centres in your area?

aimee

where do you live?
try the phone book they have all child care centres in it
how old is your bub??

Sometimes family daycare centres are run by the local council so it might be a good idea to check it out through them

DD1 7/11/04, DD2 27/5/08

my bub is 7 months old. ive found a place and am looking at it 2day

aimee

how did it go hope all went well

Hi,

i found a place that i was really happy with so i enrolled her there. the centre has so many things that appealed to me and made me trust them more, like that you cant get to the children unless you walk through the office where someone is all day etc.

i dropped her off for 2 hours as a triaol and she screamed her head off, thats because she has always been with either me or my mother so it will take time for her to get used to it.

she is goign there for a full day on tuesday !!

aimee

Glad you found somewhere you like. I avoided family care as hubby is a police officer, and so is one of my sisters, and i've heard too many horror stories. I decided that even thought there are more children in a centre, there are also more people to make sure things are ok. I know that most family carers are great, but just didn't like thinking of what could happen. It's a consequence of always hearing about the scum of life! Saying that, my mum did family care when i was younger, and if i could find someone like her to look after my boys, then it wouldn't be a problem!

Dette, DS 06.03, DS 10.04, DD 03.06 & Due Sept 07!

Hi,

dropped my daughter off today at the child care centre from 7.30 -10.30 so she can get used to it and tuesdays is the day her dad wants to see her.

im really happy with my child care centre it was the first one i looked at

aimee

Well, she went today and they told me she played for 45 mins with the kids then started to look for me and cried. she cried until she threw up (thats because she was unwell her 2 teeth that just came through have been causing her to be sick). she was dead asleep when i picked her up.

hopefully on thursday she ill do better. its good that the centre tells me whats going on, ive heard of stories from mothers and fathers that their child care centre hasnt told them if their child was sick or hurt themselves etc etc etc

aimee

i worked at one of the abc centres in cairns and it was pretty good from a parents perspective. my neice goes there and they are ok with her but she came to my house one day (her parents are split up) with a big bruise on her face. her mum didnt even notice it until we pointed it out to her and the staff at the centre didnt tell her. it is the policy of the centres that if a child has an injury to the face or head, no matter how minor it is, the parents are to be contacted asap so that the centre is covered if there is an aftereffect from the injury.

alyssa 28.2 taylah 2.11 lachlan 11.9

Sign in to follow this topic