Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Coping With Winter Lock Rss

Winter is coming up and im really worried. Is Jasmine going to be warm enough? thats what worries me We dont have a heater but are getting one cause of jasmine. The Oil type. Our whole house is tiled expect the bedrooms. Jasmine's grandma brought jas a sleeping bag made out of polar fleece and she wore it for acouple hours and i took it off. I couldnt grap on to her while feeding she wiggled like a worm. Jasmine kicks and moves heaps while feeding. And all the time she had the sleeping back on her feet would be rolled up high as shes kicking the hell of the sleeping bag. She also kicks the blanket off when sleeping. I have brought her flanettle pjss to wear during winter but can i buy bed socks? During the day would she be warm enough? wearing bond suits and jumpers?im so worrried

Karen - Jasmine 14/1/05 & Damon 31/1/07

Karen,

if it gets real cold put a beanie on your bubbas head,i do when its rainy or windy.

aimee

Aimee, 4 year old princess

Post deleted by administrator.
You can buy pjs that have feet in them with a few buttons around the middle to connect top & bottom. I used to always put a pair of socks on her feet as well as the pjs with the feet in them.

Lisa,NSW, mum of 3

Thankyou for your replies. My sis said that the oil type heater is the worst as it rises your electrity bill. Which heater do u use?

Karen - Jasmine 14/1/05 & Damon 31/1/07

I had my little boy last winter time and was worried he wasn't going to be warm enough, our home is the same as yours all tiles through the house except for the bedrooms, so it got quite cold, we had to bite the bullet and get in the reverse cycle airconditioning as we found other heating was too dangerous for my 4 year old to be around, so up on the wall was so much better, I noticed to you can buy the blow type heaters and have them wall mounted (so they look like the reverse cycle air conds) they aren't very dear either around the $50 range but not sure if they use a bit of power. I know our reverse cycle doesn't use too much power its good. But all heaters will eat a bit of power up.
I started putting my son into the sleeping bags at only 2 months as he didn't like being wrapped, I found the sleeping bags to be great, I use to put mittens on his hands to keep them warm and also have a full suit (which had feet in it, on extra cold nights well into winter, I also put socks under the suit) on him with singlet also, he use to stay very warm as he never and still doesn't keep his covers on, so at 1 years old now he is also sleeping in a sleeping bag to keep warm.
Hayley

Gas heaters throw out heaps of heat too, if you have a natural gas outlet.
Do you still wrap bub? this could be a way of keeping blankets on her, even if you leave her arms out.

The Deeks 07/08/02, Googie 23/11/04

My house is the same also tiles and carpet. bayden get scold in his room we had a heater installed but we cant close the hallway door at te momnet to warm his room (the heatweris in ours)
I bought him a sleeping bag and i also have socks on him, wrap him a blanket and i try to put a beanie on (he hates hats)
I know theyr are hard to handle in the sleeping bag but they truly do work wonders. Bayden was waking every night from being to cold casue he would kick off all his balnkets. Now with the sleeping bad I know he cant kick i off. U should stick to it and deal with the hard to handle

mum to bayden 25/02/05

Sign in to follow this topic