Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Dressing Baby/Chaning Nappy is such a struggle!

Dressing Baby/Chaning Nappy is such a struggle! Lock Rss

Hi guys,

I am finding dressing my baby such a drama. She keeps turning and getting distracted even though I give her toys to play with. She is so fidgety! She is now 7.5 months...is this a phase does it get better? Any tips?
Oh tell me about it!!!!! Bradyn has been doing this for about 8 weeks(since he could roll from fromt to back)! Socks, pants, tops all get put on while he is on his belly. Nappies! a nightmare. Sometimes I find a toy that will interest him at least while I get the nappy on. Its just trial and error to find one, a tube of cream worked for a while, then the hair brush, atm its a rattle he hadn't had since he was three months. I think you need a toy they have never seen or one they haven't seen for a while, sometimes I've got to be firm and say no and hold him back sometimes he gets a little shocked sometimes he thinks its a game. I hope he'll grow out of it! There is always hope!
Goodluck

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

Hi Dilzy, I use a little mirror for Gemma otherwise I almost have to pin her down! This works well as when changing her nappy she likes to put her hands down there straight away, usually getting poo on them! She thinks she is so cute, she stares at herself, oohing and aahing.
Sorry to tell you, but I've found it gets worse as they get older...she is now 13 months and I would love it if she couldnt roll during nappy change!

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Don't worry I think all babies at that age fidget a lot. Ryan wiggles out of his nappies and won't get back into them until I struggle with him for awhile to get them back on! I try to put the nappy back on quickly before he does a wee on me .. but sometimes he just gets me beforehand!
Sign in to follow this topic