Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

family problems Lock Rss

I feel like family is too helpful and not too helpful. I have a 4 and a half month old baby. He is my first. My parents and mother n law always tell me what to do, especially my father. They seem to think that I'm not experienced and I don't know what to do, so they keep on telling me what they think that's best for my son. There's always comparisons, such as my child did this and they weren't like yours. Sometimes they make me feel so low and useless. I never get praises from anybody, just critisicm. I don't want to crack at them, but I come to the stage that I just snap and tell them let me do it my way. Could anyone please reply and let me know what yoyr experiences are and how can I make things better for my family and myself.

VIC

Hi margherita,
I'm so sorry to hear that you are having a tough time with your folks. The only thing i can think of is that in a few of the books I read there is a special section for the grandparents to read, which covers these issues. Maybe you could ask them to read it somehow?
Baby Love by Robin Barker (I think thats her name) and also from memory I think What to Expect In the First Year also has a section. Other than that, if you don't feel like you're making progress with the grandparents, is there anyone else who can speak to them on your behalf?
Good Luck!

Sherri, mum to Ella Bella Baby Bear ~ 21.01.05

next time one of them says something just let them know that he is YOUR baby and you are coping fine doing thingsyour way
mum always said to makes just take in the advice you want and throw the rest away.
i know how hard it can be,lillie is my first and my mother in law actually told me to sleep her on her stomach!!!!!!
just be strong ,hold your head high
xxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Sign in to follow this topic