Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Money Lock Rss

Why is it that no matter how much you work there is still no friggin money.
I wasnt working and we were broke, im back at work part time and we are still broke.
My partner also works full time. I feel like i need to work more so we can have extra money, but i already feel guilty for leaving dd with my mum 2 days a week sad
then i feel guilty for not being happy enough around DD and DH
Am i the only one?

Leanne, Eliza Jade 17/1/05

No way - there seems never be enough money to go around. I did read that a third of your income, no matter what it is - will be spent on your child. I found that interesting, my not always be the case of course.

I find a simple budget keeps me on track. I annualised all our bills - the standard stuff you have to spend money on. I worked out what our minimum expenses where each fortnight - then what we had left over. Wasn't much let me tell you...

It did point out a few areas that we were wasting money like the hubby buying lunch every day. Now I pack his lunch which he is just as happy with, saves a few bucks - they certainly add up.

Anyway, it helps me keep ontop of every-thing as well as being able to save that little bit thats left over for special treats or things we need to replace or buy. It just sucks when some-thing really goes wrong like needing a new washing machine cause you blew it up - LOL.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

I agree. The more you have the more you spend!
I was talking to my 2 sis-in-laws a few weeks ago. SIL #1 and myself both have young kids and we both are not working. We were both complaining about being broke. SIL #2 started complaining about being broke "I can't afford to pay for our gym memberships or broadband internet this month". After a few choice comments from SIL#1 and myself we all agreed there a different degrees of broke! I complain of being broke, yet I can still pay my bills on time, pay the mortgage and buy my kids Christmas pressys. It could be ALOT worse!

Bindi, WA, mum of two

Sign in to follow this topic