Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

when to expect my first period Lock Rss

hi
i wasnt sure either, but my MIL said that six weeks after stopping breast feeding was usually the go

I didn't breastfeed my first and I didn't get my first period till he was 6 months old....I breastfed my second for 3 months and got my period we she was 9 weeks. My theory is, it will start when your body wants it too.

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi everyone,

I got my period back at 4 months and 5 months, when i started to wean my kiddies....everyone is so different. I have friends still breastfeeding, that don't have their periods back and bubs are over 1.

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

I finished feeding my son on Monday and got my period today(Thursday). I had been gradually weaning him for about a week so maybe thats why it was so quick.
I did ok though as my son is almost 9 months old.
Kristy

member since 2004

Hi all,

This is very interesting. My boy is 8 months old we are still breastfeeding, usually 4 feeds a day and he has 3 solid meals a day. He only started solids at 6 1/2 months (took to it like a duck to water!!!) and as yet I am still period free and loving it!!

We too are wanting to have another bundle of joy soon but trying to work out cycles is darn hard. However I know of several mums who have fallen pregnant whilst still breastfeeding and before getting a period back so you never know.

Take Care

Emma & Jayden, WA

with my last son it took about 10 weeks with the other 2 i really cant remember

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic