Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. I have missed a period but pregnancy test says negative. Any ideas?

I have missed a period but pregnancy test says negative. Any ideas? Lock Rss

Hi Mums

I posted in the Planning for Pregnancy section about my late period and negative pregnancy test.

Well now I am thinking it is not a pregnancy thing there must be some other reason why my period is so late.

I am about 1 week overdue and I am normally never late. I have a 7 month old baby whom I am breastfeeding but I have had a regular period (to the day) and have been ovulating since she was about 2.5 months old.

I have done three pregnancy tests - all negative and I certainly don't feel pregnant and have no other signs of pregnancy.

Does anyone know what else could cause a period to be late or missed all together? My last period was a lot heavier than normal. I have been expressing once a day for the last week and a half and I haven't been unwell or anything. I am on antibiotics for a gum infection but was told this does not affect your period.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

I was so stressed a few months ago (i think eliza was 7mnths old believe it or not smile ) I was thinking oh mi god, i might be preg but how?? HOW?? HOW!!??

Well i think it was because i started back at work, and it was stress related. Also, did you know womens periods can synchronise, and often the women you spend alot of time with will get their period around the same time as you.

Hope this helps

Leanne, Eliza Jade 17/1/05

I have heard that the first few periods after having a baby can be a bit haywire (ie not come, go really heavy, or really really light).

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

Hi there Kristi,
I was gonna post the very same message! My baby samantha is 8mths old and i started getting my periods back when she was 6mths. i also are a week over due for my period and hit panic button and took a pregnancy test also resulting in negative! But yet I still have no period?? When i got my periods back after the birth of my other two children i had regular periods right from the start. Well I dont really know what is going on with our bodies but they're not wrong when people say your third child will stuff your body up!!!

christina - 3 darling children

Sign in to follow this topic