Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

How far apart r ur babies? Lock Rss

I was jsut wanting to get ppls opinions on when would be a good time to think of #2?
I thought when Bayden was about 3 yrs old id try t.c but recently ive been thinking more on it now...hes only 8mnths so when #2 will be here he will be 15mnths +
What are the benefits? What about the down side? Has money been an issue being on one income??
love to hear all arguments and any help u can offer. I think im more worried aboue the money...as i earn $200 a week atm, if i go for #2 i wouldnt be able to.

mum to bayden 25/02/05

Hi,

My DS and DD are 25 months apart and I found it an OK age gap. Luckily my DD was a fabulous baby as my DS decided to get rid of dummy and toilet train a month or so after she was born. Tantrums (about the broken dummy) and a million trips to the toilet while out at the shops.

I will have an 18 month age gap this time and am a little worried about looking after three under 4 (DS should be 3y8months). I honestly think for the mothers sanity having a 3.5 - 4 year age gap would be best, but in terms of the childrens relationship I think close will have its advantages for me when they are say, 7,5 and 4. All going to primary school togther and able to play (sometimes nicely) together.

Money is tight for us, I have been off work for 3.5 years already and will be till 2011 when all the kids are at school. Even then it will only be part time to fit in with school hours. I want to be there to help them with homework and things when they are in school. I would rather struggle a little in making ends meet and go without than miss out on my childrens childhood. I went without my mum being there when I was younger and my sisters and I spent alot of time alone, I don't want that for my kids.

Anyway, I guess its all about personal choice. smile

Hayley, NSW, Liam 07/02, Beth 09/04, Nate 03/06

The age gap between our 1st and 2nd is 3yrs and the age gap between our 2nd and 3rd is only 19mths.

Myself I have found it harder in some ways having 2 so close but there are good points too.

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

I had my oldest, thirteen months later had twins, and am due with the next when they are thirteen month (4 in 2yrs 2 months). Can honestly say it's not that bad, i'm very busy but they're already great friends (and enemies sometimes!) We had trouble on one wage, but now the twins are here the family assist has gone right up, i'd suggest you ring centrelink if that's a worry as they'll tell you how much extra you'll get.
Upside is there was no jealousy, they all sleep lots during the day so i get a break (like now!), and i always have a happy child to hug!
Down side is it can be hard for me to do things by myself with the kids, but i just do the easy things during the week and leave the hard ones for the weekend when dad is home.
We always wanted lots of kids, but i have lots of things i want to do as well, and this way they're all at school by the time i'm 27-gotta love that!

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, 1@5/4/06

hi everyone

i have a daughter who will be 5 months at the end of this month and i have just found out i m 8 weeks pregnant n this 1 will b due a wk after my first turns 1 so mine are gunna b pretty close

dannii

danielle nsw dd 24/6/05, dd 26/7/06

Sign in to follow this topic