Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. Relationship with Partner after Baby

Relationship with Partner after Baby Lock Rss

Hi,
How does everyone nurture their relationship with their partner when you have a little one that demands your every need! My daughter is 3 months old, and my partner and i arerecently married, but i find i just dont have time for him atm. By the time he comes home im exhausted and all i wanna do is cook dinner and go to bed. Sex life is going down the drain too (just ask hubby, he'll tell u all about it! I swear he thinks hes gonna die if he doesnt get sex at least once a week!!!) And I swear Sophie knows when were gonna have sex, cause she always decides its time for a feed!!! Even if shes just fed! So guys, any ideas? Not just about the diminished sex life, but also about time with ur partner in general? I'd love to know there are people in the same boat!
Jade

Mum to Sophie 11/08/2005 and Lachlan 21/11/2006

Hi Jade our baby is 3mths too, I recently feel I have a little more time for hubby, now our baby sleeps well at night. He did remind me that on the radio it said the average amount that couples have sex is twice a week, he says we aren't keeping up with the statistics!!!!
I just try to give him some extra cuddles and love so he knows how much I care, but it is very hard, it's never like it was before!

Bianca, vic, David 9/8/05, Alexandra 6/5/96

My partner also thought that he was going to die if he didnt have sex atleast once a week, so i said that if he gets up during teh nights and tends to bubs needs we would have it twice a week my partner now gets up every night whist i sleep unless bubs is having trouble sleeping eg teething then my partner goes to bed and i stay up as partner has work in the morning, so i get to sleep through most nights and partner gets his sex altough it is usually only once a week not the twice that he wanted but it does happen sometimes. but it made him realise my side of it because now he knows what it feels like to want the extra half hour sleep over the sex altough that doesnt happen very often he still usually prefers the sex.

i just figure its our own fault for being so great at it that they just cant resist us, or something like that anyway

Sarah and Kai almost 1year 6 teeth and walking

Hey Jade
Just wanted to say hi as your Sophie and my Sophie have the same birthday, she was born at 07.50am at Gold Coast Hospital weighing 8pd 8.. how is your little Sophie doing?
kat

Mum to Sophie born 11aug05

Hi jade,
just read your post. I know exactly what you mean, as do lot's of other mum's! My son is now 8 months old and we have probably only had sex about 5-6 times!! I just find that I don't have the energy anymore. My little boy is VERY active, so by 8.30-9pm, I'm ready to go to sleep! Thankfully my hubby is very understanding and doesn't seem to complain too much (not sure if that's a good thing or not now that I think about it!). Mabybe as he gets older and doesn't wear us out as much we will get back to 'normal'. I guess just make sure that you still make time just for the two of you, even if it's just for a chat or a cuddle before going to sleep. And always let each other know how much you love them.

Good luck with everything!
I was wondering if there was anyone here from port Macquarie Nsw. Im 21 in early january and i have a 5 month old baby boy. I never go anywhere or do anything because i dont know anyone. i really need to make some friends and get out of the house for a while id love to hear from you if you live here and mabey we could meet up sometime. Cheers!!!

Melissa,NSW, & baby Brendan-Joel 27/07/05

Sign in to follow this topic