Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Things returning to normal. Lock Rss

Hi all mums,
I have a 3mth old son who was delivered by emergency c/s. I breastfed while till 10 weeks then slowly weaned him onto the bottle. Now i know this is a bit of a personal question (whats left thats personal after having a baby, lol) but when did you start getting your period again?

I know that b/f can supress it but i'm worried that i could fall pregnant again and not know it. I've spoken to my maternal nurse and she said it could take up to 10mths.

Just wondering how long it took other mums and if this is normal. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Jodie, mum to callum-10.8.05 & matthew-1.03.07

Hey Jodie - that isn't personal compared to some threads on this site - LOL.

I still have no sign of getting my periods back. My quack said as long as I am feeling well, we wont worry about it till after my DD is 1. I am still breast feeding 5 x in 24 hours with 3 x solid feeds.

The scary thing is you have to ovulate before you get a periods so there is a real risk you can fall pregnant - as long as your 'getting some' - LOL.

From the professionals I've spoken too there is no real way of telling when it will all 'return to normal'. If you are worried about falling again, its worth while looking into contraception now, especially if your not breast feeding any-more.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

My period really has only just returned I do breastfeed though and my bub was born in February this year.

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

Sign in to follow this topic