Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

First periods after baby Lock Rss

Hi all
My daughter is now 7 months and I'm still breastfeeding her, last month I got my period for the first time (after birth) and I was wondering if its normal for them to be a bit irregular the first few times.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm late and getting worried as I dont want to be pregnant again yet. I'm am really hoping it will come soon.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Hi there

After I had my son (now 2 yrs old) even though I breastfed him until 13 months I got my first period back when he was 13 weeks old and they were as regular as clockwork. With my daughter - same age as yours, 21.3.05, I got my first one back when she was about 14 weeks but they haven't been as regular. Anywhere between 4-7 weeks apart. I'm still breastfeeding her too, I think it is pretty normal for them to be all over the place when you're breastfeeding - I think I was just lucky (not) last time around. Maybe do a home pregnancy test just to put your mind at ease.

Take care
Jasmine
Well it still hasnt come yet and I've been feeling really tired latley and a bit sick but that could be due to the hot weather or 'phantom' symptoms because I keep thinking about it.

I'm going to wait at least another week before I do a test but now that I'm thinking about it more it will be quite sad if I'm not...

I was just going to ask too...what other symptoms do you get when still breastfeeding, I've been going to the loo heaps and feeling more tired then usual.

Hi all thanks for your replies, well my period still hasnt arrived but I did a preggy test last week and it was negative (although I did take it at night before I went to bed) so it may not have been accurate, anyway I'm going to wait till my next ones due and then do another test if it doesnt come.
Now that I have been thinking about it another baby wouldnt be so bad afterall but hubby said he doesnt want anymore.

Sign in to follow this topic