Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Do you go to a gym?? Lock Rss

I was just wondering how many of you are members of a gym?? I am thinking about joining Contours... and I was wondering a couple of things....

What Gym are you part of?
Whats the pricing like?
What do you think of it?
How many times do you go a week?
and for how long?
I used to go to curves but since we got a treadmill at home I just use that.

I think contours and curves are pretty similar. I got really good results there, around $50 per month, 30 minutes a session they recommend 3 times a week which I sometimes did 4 times a week and walked on alternate days.

I think eventually I will go back because its an all over body workout.

Good luck!
Hi there, I have only been going since my DD was 4 months, she is 13 months now. I love it, best thing I could have done for myself. I try and go at least 2 times a week which seems to be enough for me for now. I pay about $46 per F/N.

My Mother-In-Law goes to Curves and she loves it. Its not for me cos I like to sweat it out but apparently you dont get the heart pumping that much in curves. But everyone is different.

Good luck : )

I'm a member of the gym at my work (KCA, big company) and I think it only cost like $5 a week or something. We can go for as long as we want (in our spare time of course) and we have to always go with someone else. I manage to go 3 times a week for an hour (my lunch break) and work while I have a quick bite to eat afterwards.

I'm in Zest. It's $10p/w and I go twice a week in the evening when hubby gets home to do the body balance class (a fusion of yoga, pilates and tai chi) it has meditation at the end also and I find it is not too strenuous but a good workout and a great way to get back to thinking about yourself and relax.

Good luck smile

Oh and I just wanted to mention they have a GREAT creche if I feel like going during the day.
[Edited on 08/07/2008]

I go to the Casey Arc gym in Berwick.

Its about $25 a forghtnight and i go at least 3 times a week. Monday and Tuesday morning and Wednesday nights when the kids go to bed.

I prefer the group fitness classes as i find i get a bit unmotivated in just thee gym. The classes are great fun and non stop. My favourites and Body step and Body pump.

My two littlies go to the creche there for the 1 hour im at the gym which costs $3.40 per session.

I go to Zest. I joined up some months back and went for a week and then forgot about it. Last week, I started going again.
I went 4 days and walked on the treadmill for half an hour - managing 3.5km. I then went and did some machine called the pec deck. Only on the lowest weight (I couldn't go any higher) and only 20 reps. I then did sit-ups using an ab roller. 50 on the back and 50 on each side and 50 reverse (pulling legs to chest and getting butt off the floor).

All up, it takes me about 45-60 mins. I paid all up for the year so not sure what the pricing is. From memory, when I was paying fortnightly, it was about $30/fortnight.

I enjoy going as it makes me feel better about myself. I'm chuffed that today's workout seemed much easier than usual as that means it's time to step it up a notch already.

West Wave. Its $30 a fortnight, all new equipment and you get full access to the pools as well. And you can take bubs swimming with you for free!

Sign in to follow this topic