Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. Uncomfortable when inserting tampons

Uncomfortable when inserting tampons Lock Rss

I have recently gotten my period since giving birth 3 months ago (C-Section) I am finding that it is quite uncomfortable when inserting the tampon is this normal? Will it improve or have I just lost the knack of it? Details of similar experiences would be appreciated.

Michelle, Vic, 3yo boy & 3mth Girl

Hi Michelle,

I think its pretty normal. I have had two periods since my c-section (almost 8 months ago) and I find the first time a bit difficult. I'm ok this time round. I think we just might have been out of practise *lol*

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

I was coming here to post something like this. Hannah came out the normal way and since that I can't seem to insert a tampon and have it stay in there. Despite pushing it as far as it goes (about a finger deep), it actually eventually pops out again (and not when its full). This is extremely comfortable.

I tore whilst having her - do you think this is a problem?

Advice would be appreciated!

Hannah (3 yrs) and Harry's (born 22/7) Mum! QLD

Hi cannasalmon,

I to had my son the normal way and have just recently had my first period (he's 9.5 months). I've found it dificult to insert tampons as I seem too. Not so much that it does come out, but just that it doesn't feel comfortable at all. I had four stitches and then an infection. I can actually see the difference to the way things were and now I am absolutely paranoid about the state of affairs down there but who do you go to for comparison?!?! I am just extremely glad to be single!

I have no advice but I stuck to pads during my period and I think I wil be for a while. Maybe it's lack of confidence, or maybe it was so tender for so long that now I'm still a little ginger about it.
I can totally relate. It is so nice to see other people that have the same problems. At least I know I am not alone.
i had my son via a C section 9 months ago and have also found it very uncomfortable to wear tampons. before i had my baby I always wore tampons but now I just use pads.

I was pleased to read this post as I was only wondering about this a few days ago.
I've just re-read my post.

I meant to say "It is extremely UNcomfortable" - not comfortable smile

I'm sorry you're all having problems, but I'm glad at the same time, because I thought I was all alone.

Hannah (3 yrs) and Harry's (born 22/7) Mum! QLD

hi guys
my god, im so glad that im not the only one. i was just wondering the other day about it. ive just finished my 3rd period after having bubs and i used to use tampons alot without any trouble or even thinking about it, but now it really is extremely uncomfortabe and they fall out, i gave birth by em c section so it didnt even occour to me that i would have any trouble.
i was always told that tampons couldnt fall out, even whan they werent inserted correctly.

i thought i might have just lost the knack of it, but now after reading everyone elses experiences, im not so sure...

Sign in to follow this topic