Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

How to lose weight after bub Rss

Hi Everyone,
I was just flicking through the responses as I am having trouble with my tummy after having my baby 8 1/2 months ago. I put on a whopping 26kgs with my son and lost around 6kgs after birth. I was underwieght before my pregnancy and was told to put 19kgs on for health reasons but I enjoyed it so much I went a bit to far! But now I am back to a nice weight for my size dont ask me how I lost it I am one of the lucky ones in that department but I still have the flabby skin that just seems to hang around Ive been doing sit ups and other crunchs but I dont think I am seeing any results. So I am going to take the advice of you guys and get one of those balls thanks, and sorry I couldnt help but I just wanted to let you know that even the skinny mums have their problems!

Mummy to 3 Boys

Yeah, I agree! I am quite a small frame and i am back to my pre pregnancy weight, but my tummy still looks 3 months preggers!! I despise sit ups, so i am wondering exactly what you's are doing on the fitball?
Hey everyone

Well it's good to know that there are other mums feeling like me!!

I gained 15kg during my pregnancy and within one month of having my daughter I had lost 10kg. I thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones that get back to normal really easily. However now 13 months has passed and I still haven't lost any more weight. I'm really down on myself for that reason.

I was one of those ppl who never weighed anymore than 53kg and I ate absolutely anything I wanted. I guess thats why I feel so down about my weight now. I was a size 6/8 since I can remember and now I don't fit into any of my clothes. I have this awful flabby belly and huge love handles.

I joined the gym about a month ago and have been really motivated, going between 3/4 times per week. I've really turned my eating habbits around but still I haven't seen no results, my scales tell me I've only lost 0.5kg in a month. Now i'm wondering if i'll ever get back to the "old me"??????

I hope so. I can't stand seeing myself in a mirror

Wow, so glad to see that other ppl are having the same problem as me (well, actually I'm not.. I guess I would be much happier if none of us had this problem!!!). You know what I mean!

I gained a whopping 30kgs when I was pregnant & considering I was only 46kgs to begin with, you can imagine what that did to my body! I was 4-6kgs underweight at the time I concieved so I think my body kinda over-compensated for it... Straight after the birth I lost 10kgs, I joined a gym in June & after working out 3 times a week since then I've lost another 10kgs but I'm finding it's getting harder & harder to lose now.

My MIL gave me some of her jeans which don't fit her anymore so I've only got 3 pairs of pants I can wear at the moment (I refuse to buy clothes this size) & it's driving me crazy!

I say we keep checking in with each other about our progress & try to give each other some support & motivation in getting our bodies back, what do you guys think?

Hi Sian

Dont be so hard on yourself.To be thruthful, we will probably never get our old bodies back. It's just one of the sacrifices we make when we have children(among LOTS of other things LOL). But saying that, 5 kilos isnt a lot of weight to lose, so you cant look all that bad!!!

I agree with Bubbas mum that we should all post on how we are going with the weight loss. At least it is a bit of support. And remember ladies that we are all beautiful regardless of our bodies
Thanks for your support Lara. I know where your coming from it's just hard having to deal with the fact that i'm probably never gonna get back to what I used to be.

Yeah 5 kilos don't sound too bad but trust be it's all distributed in the wrong areas and I look awfully out of proportion.

Oh well back to drawing board I guess. Hopefully I'll see some light at the end of the tunnel soon.
I will let you guys know.

take care

BODY TRIM !!!!!!!!!!

get the book of ebay or order it online..

the best help to loose weight !! its not a diet or shakes or any of that crap. i ued it and lost 20kg, so more than what i was after
Body Trim,

Go online and order it.
Its a book not a diet as such. i lost 20kg doing it and walking. and my mother also lost about 15kg and she only swims
Ive been using myfitnesspal.com its a free online weightloss site, once you join you are given a daily calorie limit which already has a deficit factored in so even if you dont manage to find time to exercise you can still loose weight.
The best part about it is the online food diary that tracks what you are eating during the day. I find this super helpful because alot of what i was eating before was really high in calories without me realising it.

I have been on the site for about 3 weeks and have lost 5kg without doing musch other than changing how and what i eat, like huggies it has an online community to give you motivation and support.

This is the best weightloss programme ive ever done and its FREE.

Ive been using myfitnesspal.com its a free online weightloss site, once you join you are given a daily calorie limit which already has a deficit factored in so even if you dont manage to find time to exercise you can still loose weight.
The best part about it is the online food diary that tracks what you are eating during the day. I find this super helpful because alot of what i was eating before was really high in calories without me realising it.

I have been on the site for about 3 weeks and have lost 5kg without doing musch other than changing how and what i eat, like huggies it has an online community to give you motivation and support.

This is the best weightloss programme ive ever done and its FREE.

This site also sends you an email if you have "forgotten" to log in. as well as comment boxes.

you can pint out your progress so you can take it to your doctor to make sure your on the right track.

it tells you not just the calories but also your minerals and vitamins too (major ones)

you also get an exercise diary too.

You can also use it on your phone if you have a internet ready phone, an android phone or an iphone.

It is sort of like a free version of weight watchers.
not all shakes etc are crap ive been using rapid loss shakes and have lost 11kgs my friend has lost almost 30kgs. and ive starting going to gym for 6 weeks now and go up to 4times a week and have lost 4kgs since joining while still having the rapid shakes with some yummy flavors but i have changed my eating habits and cut a lot out and just have somethings sometimes its all about doing some form of exercise 3 to 4 times a week and eating healthy loosing weight wont happen if u still eating big meals and eating everything and need to exercise to burn of the calories. i have been doing zumba and have been doing the spin classes at the gym keep it mixed up to keep it fun and change what u do if u get bored

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/ZnGEp10.png

Sign in to follow this topic