Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. are cabbage leaves really good for boobs???

are cabbage leaves really good for boobs??? Lock Rss

Hi there ive been weaning my 6mth off the bfing and have been doing it very slow as ive had soooo much milk&i stopped the feeding 2 days ago yesterday my boobs didnt feel too bad but 2day they have been getting engorged and r bloody sore so i tried the old cabbage leave remedy which hasnt really helped???i kept thinking the dogs were farting around me all day then realised that it was me who spelt like farts!!!!(from the cabbage leaves that it!!!)Anyway how long do you have them in your bra for???and is it bad if i express in the shower with the running hot water???as from cold to hot???How long will it take from them to not be lumpy???Should i be decreasing in my liquid intake???Which ive been trying 2 do but its hard when its hot.Any ideas???

Bec,VIC,MIKI 16/7/05 JELLYBEAN EDD 24/8/07

Have never used the leaves but nurses swear by them.
As for express in shower yes that should relieve it, you should also try to massage them a little and just express a little each feed. If you are starting to get really lumpy you have to watch that you dont get Mastitis.
It will get better but just relieve them slighly if it gets very uncomfortable.

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

Hi There,

I put my cabbage leaves in the freezer.. They were really chilly when you put them in your bra but they dont take long to go hot and limp..

Maybe you could try that to?

Alicia

Hi Bec,

Just another tip that I forgot to add is wear a "REALLY" tight bra.Not sure why but I think it just stops your boobs from moving..... oh and have panadol every 4 hours to help with the pain.

Not long now and it will be all over.

Take care.

Rachaelx

Mumma 2 Jett 17months

Sign in to follow this topic