Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Pilates post C-Sect Rss

Recently we bought the Marie Windsor Pilates DVDs off the home shopping show, we haven't started them yet as I was wondering how other c-section mums went doing pilates?
Any ideas would help.
I'm not a gym person, so thought this would be a good way to loose the extra kilos that have crept on since xmas. I do walk with Liam when the weather permits, we live in Geelong not always nice, but there's only so walking one can do.
What do other c-section mums do to move that extra weight?
Kristy

member since 2004

One of the mums in my new mums group is a physio and my friend and I (both had c-sections) went to four classes that she held that incoporated pilates, fit ball and yoga. We didn't have a problem at all.

I actually didn't have a lot of weight to lose as I had gestational diabetes, so once I was on a diet for that, I lost weight as was back to my starting weight when I delivered. To help me keep the weight off I ride my horse and play netball. If you aren't into either of those, perhaps you could try swimming.

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

Thanks Phantom
Hubby and I actually tried it out today, he did the full on ones I did the modified ones. I thought it best to ease back in to it, not jump in at the deep end. It actually went ok.
We started swimming lessons last week and I found that was a good work out as we had to squat down and walk from one side of the pool to the other, as well as almost using Liam as a weight. I sure felt that in my legs.
I don't have to get back to my start weight as I lost 8kgs from when I found out I was pregnant to when I delivered. I'd lost then put on 3.5kgs, Liam weighed 3.5kgs. But since Christmas I've had a few parties and haven't been as strict with my diet so its crept abck on. I'd love to get back to the weight I was when I first started seeing my husband but I'm starting small.
Thanks for the advice.
Kristy

member since 2004

Hi Kristy,

I know what you mean about the swimming lessons being a good work out. Meghan and I started today.

Gotta love parties to put that weight back on. I've been a bit naughty as I have got right back into the chocolate since having bub. I'm sure I've got weight creeping back on too smile

Cheers,
Bron

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

Sign in to follow this topic