Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. Dealing with disapearing breasts!!!

Dealing with disapearing breasts!!! Rss

My son is now 7 months old. Pre pregnancy My boobs were a pretty average size and had enough shape for me to be happy with them. during my pregnancy they became quite large, which was great for a change. I felt very womanly. smile Then during breastfeeding they were pretty huge for awhile. Now i have stopped breastfeeding they have shrunk..big time. Actually i think they have disapeared all together. Now the look like tiny , droopy, half empty water balloons on my chest. Thet have no shape what so ever. I havnt lost all of my pregnancy weight so my body is still a bit chubby , with a very flat chest. I feel very un - feminine now. I have trouble finding a bra that holds the floppy little things in. I am only 22 and wondering if i will ever get any boobs back?
Is there any exercise that can help?

baby boy

Hi ladybird,

I know exactly how you feel!!!! Reading your post made me laugh cos i'm always saying mine look like shrivelled up sultanas!!!
Anyway i don't know of any exercise to do but in time they will come back to you!! I have a 2.5 year age gap between my children & mine were just coming good from no. 1 when I fell pregnant with my son.
I know this is no help to you, but i wanted you to know your not the only one!!

Cheers

Michelle - Mum to 2

Hi Ladybird

I have the same problem too. The trouble is that i didnt have much boob to start with, now there is pretty much NOTHIN! Im even embarrased in front of my boyfriend when im naked. I guess it could be worse though.It must be better than having huge ones that break your back?? (sorry if that offended anyone). Im thinking of getting some of those plastic things that you insert into your bra, they look pretty natural and i dont think any body would be able to tell
hi guys
im a pretty big girl and ive always had bg boobs, and they got even bigger when i became pregnant, but now 4 mths later after having my son, they have seemed to disappear too!

i must admit, they do look kinda shrivelled up now... lol

but i want em back!

i hate it that im losing my boobs... i wont take my bra off and im so self concious of it.... im saving for a boob job so i can get them filled so there nice and firm again and also getting a boob lift so they are not down half way to my belly button

Jessica, mum to baby Bonnie, NSW

BONNIES MUM, I WAS CONSIDERING GOING THE BOOB JOB ASWELL. I HAVE ALWAYS SAID I WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT WITH MY BODY. BUT NOW I REALLY WANT TO HAVE BOOBS AGAIN. MY SON IS NOW 11 MONTHS OLD AND NOTHING HAS COME BACK AT ALL. ITS REALLY GETTING TO ME. IF IT WASNT SO EXPENSIVE I WOULD HAVE DONE IT ALREADY. WHY DO SO MANY OTHER MOTHERS STILL HAVE THEIR BOOBS?? SOME PEOPLE SAY THEY WILL EVENTUALLY COME BACK. BUT HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT?

baby boy

HI Ladybird and bonnies mum
My boobs havent come back yet either. Just wondering if you have lost them from losing weight?
It is really depressing sometimes and i never thought i would worry about things like this but i do.
So, how much is a boob job? Not that i can afford it, but just curious.
Hiya Ladybird
My son is 15 monhs old. Before I got pregnant I had size 10A boobs, whilst pregnant they went up to 12B, then whilst breastfeeding I went up to 14C. I ran out of milk when my son was 4 months old. Now even a size 10A is too big for me. I got really depresed over this for a while. I felt like I should have been wearing training bras. I know kids who are 13/14 years old with bigger boobs then me.

Luckily my husband doesn't care what size my boobs are & always says how much he loves me just the way I am. This has helped me to regain my confidence & accept that I wasn't meant to have large boobs. Maybe if I have another baby they will get bigger again & stay that way.

My advice to you is to stay positive.

Tray, Qld, 2 boys 2003 & 2007

my breasts are now so shrivilled and so non existant that i have come to the conclusion that i am going to have to save for a boob job, lol!

19yr old 1st time mummy to ava born jan 7th 2004

Hello ladies,
Well I am in the same boat as you all, but i dont care, if you listen to all the fasion stuff big boobs are out and flat chests are in... you just have to look at all the super-models and run-way models... I know its not all about that and it can make you feel unfemenin, but hay, at least we are fasionable!!!

julia, tas, 8mth baby

Hi Ladies,

you probably don't want to hear this but I have the opposite problem. My boobs have always been bigish and I have never liked them, but after having my second soon in September and only feeding him for 3 months I am finding I am still having to fit into maternity bras (size 14DD) as my pre-pregnancy bras don't fit unless I want my boobs to pop out all over the place. I want a boob job so they can take stuff out. I am with you Julse I think smaller a boobs are fashionable and much more attractive I can do nothing to hide mine and they make me look bigger than I am, I am a size 10-12 on the bottom and at least a 14 on top, I look off balance, I walk crouched over so as to hide them and my back gets so sore.

I would give anything to have smaller boobs!

Tamara

My sister has this exact problem and after I had my first son I had the same too! I am still feeding my twins, so I will probably have non existant boobs once I stop feeding! I would like them to go back to the orgianl boobs I had-but I know its not gonna happen!!

Apparently there are a number of exercises and vitamins you can take to help. I know from personal experience that a good multi vitamin combined with good exercise can help stop the droopiness! I spent months before I conceived the twins working on my boobs-only to have to work at them again soon! Sometimes I wonder why I bothered! LOL
There is a exercise to help the muscles that I know helps-you grab each wrist with your hands then push-you should feel your boobs move slightly-you will feel it so you will know if you are doing it right. I use to do this 3-4 times a day-you can do it anywhere sitting watching tv or waiting in the car!

Hope this helps-I will make sure if I find out anything I will let you all know!!! I will have to ask my sister how she is going with increasing her size! She says shes flatter than a surfboard and says they are concaved inward instead of outward! LOL

Linda-27,Wgtn,7yrold twin3yrolds

Sign in to follow this topic