Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Flabby Tummy Lock Rss

i have a 7 month old and i would love to know if anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of a flabby tummy (if any of you have one like i do).
Its so depressing....you wear t-shirts or jeans and all you can see is your flabby tummy.
I drive over bumps and all i can feel is my belly shaking!
i weigh 58kg and am a size 10 but my belly is annoying!
Oh god I hate my 'jelly-belly', I know how you feel. I was fairly trim before I got pregnant and although I didn't exercise obsessively I had to exercise so I didn't look like an elephant, I was no skinny minnie either.

Now after having DS (10mths) I'm still 9kgs overweight and yes a lot of it is my fault as I haven't been eating properly or exercising regularly. I have started to do more exercise and eat a little bit better and have lost 1kg (woohoo).

I really don't think I will ever completely lose my 'jelly-belly' as the say the older you are when you have a baby the harder it is to bounce back and I'm 41 and I sort of believe that but I hope if I get somewhere near my pre-pregnancy weight I will look and feel a little better even if 'jelly-belly' remains.

hi

i am glad to hear that there is other women out there that has the flabby tummy. My daughters are 4 years old and 4 months old.

i am back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but my stomach is like jelly. I hate looking at myself in the mirror. I regular exercise and are going to weight watchers to lose extra weight. so only time will tell.

i have exactly the same problem. i have a 2yo and a 6mth old and i'm back to under my pre-preg weight (but nothing like pre-preg shape yet). I was hoping i would magically lose the jelly belly by now, and have even been using bio oil to help my wobbly tum recover from all these stretch marks. But now I wonder if its going to take alot more effort!

has anyone tried pilates or other stomach strengthening exercises? that was going to be my next idea.
I have the solution, buy a pair of sucker iners, I bought some from K-mart or Big W and I wear them under my jeans and t-shirts, you wouldnt beleive the difference they make and no-one knows.. I alway get comments but I dont let on..lol

mine start at the knees and go to under the bust..lol try it they'll make you feel more confident..

Edited to say Pilates is the best thing for strengthening pelvic floor muscles..
[Edited on 23/10/2008]

I have a 2 year old and a 4 month old and likewise, my tummy just isnt as flat and firm as it used to be.

I just bought an ab king pro off ebay and started using it last night, so I will have to get back to you with the results at a later date.

Prior to having my 2 year old, I did body balance (a combination of pilates, yoga etc) up until I was 34 weeks pregnant and loved it and found this fantastic for strengthening all parts of the body.

Hi ladies

LOTS and LOTS of ab work out is all I can say. Make sure that your abs are properly aligned though before you do anything too rigorous. It's hard going; but if you really, really, really! want to lose it then you will give it heaps
Sign in to follow this topic