Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

first time mum at 42 Lock Rss

Hi

I am 42 years old and I am a first time mum.
My DS is a little miracle as I have been trying to fall pregnant for 15 years and was told to try IVF but we decided not to as I was over 40.

Then one day I thought I had vertigo and was told I was pregnant, it was one of the best days of my life.

Now I have my little darling I feel so tired, and very forgetful, I am so worried that I won't be a good mum because I worry about everything. I am worried I may become overprotective, what do I mean may become? I am overprotective!!.

Is there any other older mums out there who may feel the same?

Would love to hear from them.

Thanks

DS 17/10/05

Congratulations Matina, how exciting to become a mum after so long trying.Don't worry about being tired, forgetful and overprotective, we mums are all the same,it just comes with the territory.Soon it will just start to feel normal!!!!Anyway congrats again, and you will be fine, enjoy your bubba because trust me they grow up way too fast!Happy parenting.

Vanessa ,DS-8, DD-6, DS-17.12.05

A huge congratulations to you. You are truly an inspiration to all those women having trouble getting pregnant.

I am 30 years old and also a first time mum. I never in my wildest dreams would have expected to be so in love with my beautiful baby. It really frightens me sometimes to think something so small and dependant on me makes me feels so vulnerable, especially when I have no idea what I'm doing sometimes. The biggest reward is when they smile right back at you. It's moment s like these you realise nothing else matters.

Congratulations to you and your family. Good luck and wishing you many good times.

Emily 25/10/05

Hi Matina,

Congratulations on your new bub! I too am a older mum at 41.

I however have two other children and understand how you feel, I don't think you can be overprotective when it comes to your children, just love them as much as you can and they will grow into great adults.

As for being tired this just comes with the territory I'm afraid but all worth it.

How old is your Bub?

Kalans mum. bub born 4th Nov. 2005

Hi Matina my name is Tracey and im 24 years old and I have a daughter who is 10 months old and she is my world and congratutions on your beautiful baby boy and it doesnt matter how old you are when you have a baby and the main thing is that your son has parents that love them and do anything for him and its okay to protect your son but when he is older he just have to learn to stand on his feet just like how my daughter has to when she is older to.

I know im a young mum but I still get over tired and stress with my daughter but as I see it long as your son is healthy, happy and loved that the main things.

Chat soon.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

hey matina let me start by saying congratulations!!!!
when i found out i was pregnant i went to work to tell all the girls and one of my co-workes "michelle" told me she was also pregnant,and we were due a day apart
the funny thing is i was 20 she was 41
we went through everything together
her and her partner had being trying for 8 years then gave up they are sooo lucky
we actually went into labour together and had rooms next door.i gave birth very easily and wanted to see her baby,by the next day i was taken over to the ward and still hadnt seen her iwas so worried
she came by the next day and shed had a very long labour resulting in suction of the head
my girl is the most well behaved little baby and her little boy had sever colic
i feel so bad for her as i feel i had it ao easy
i know she struggles alot

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Sign in to follow this topic