Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. gall bladders problems and pregnancy?

gall bladders problems and pregnancy? Lock Rss

I was just wondering if anyone else out there has experianced gall bladder problems during/after/due to pregnancy?

I experanced unexplained pain whilst 29 weeks pregnant which I was hospitalised for two nights for.

My son was born on the 16th of December 2006 and 1.5 days after taking him home I was re-admitted with what they thought was a blood clot. It turned out that I have thousands of small stones (gravel) which has fromed in my gall bladder. I also had an infection and inflamation of the gall bladder. The doctors are convinced that it was all caused due to pregnancy and that was also my problem at 29 weeks.

Not a nice thing. VERY painful. Would love anyone who has had or heard of this happening to post a reply.

Kel, Tas, mother to Ryan 5 mnths

Hi,

I also experienced unexplained pain while pregnant at around 30 weeks, the doctors put it down to hearburn and just the baby pushing on everything. She was born on the 2nd of December 2005, when she was three weeks old I got terrible pains again and was rushed to hospital where they discovered the gall stone, which was all caused from the pregnancy. It was horrible over the last few months I had numerous attacks and just last week I had surgery and had the whole gallbladder removed. It is such a relief to know that it is gone now and that the pain wont come back! It is very painful and I can sympathise with what you are going through, you poor thing, what are the doctors saying? Are they going to operate on you and take it out? Good Luck, hope you are feeling better soon. Sarah.
Sign in to follow this topic