Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

to be or not to be Lock Rss

I am thinking about joining the police.
this will mean leaving my 3 kids(9&7yrs and 7mths)
for 19weeks. can see them most weekends
means lifetime financial security
health and dental benefits
job security
my question is am i making the right decision?
at the moment we are living on the skin of our teeth.
honest opinions will be appreciated

jessies mum

Go fo it, your kids will be just fine. Sure they will miss you, but they will survive without you for 19 weeks. In later years to come too, they are going to be so proud that you did it - for yourself, and the family. You never know, unles you give it a go !!! Worst case, if you get in there and can't cope - you can always leave - what have you got to loose !!!

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

I absolutly agree with Kazi,
if you know it means securing a future for your family then go for it!!!
just take care of yourself...
your very brave(alot braver than me)
xxxxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

If it is what you dream of than you will always be wondering what if.... if you dont do it.

Yes you will miss them.. yes they will miss you.

But at the end of the day as a family you all need to be happy. Not live with regrets.
Hi Estelle,
I say go for it. It sounds like you have thought it through pretty carefully, and you don't have anything to lose - you can always come home again if you find it's not for you, but you won't know if you don't try.
It's very hard being a mum in these "enlightened" times, when the world seems to make us feel guilty no matter what we do - if we stay home with the kids, work part-time, or have a fulltime career. the best thing you can do for your kids is be a positive role-model, and show them how to go after goals and achieve them - a happy, fulfilled Mum is the best mum. It sounds like you really love your kids and would make the most of the time you get to spend with them on the weekends, and those 19 weeks will probably go really fast, you'll be learning so much! Plus your older kids will get to skite to their friends about their cool Mum being a cop!
You have to do what you feel is right, don't let anyone make you feel bad about whatever decision you make. Good luck, let us know what you decide! smile

This new forum is strange ...

Go for it! A short term pain will pay you long term happiness.
Hi Estelle I agree with all the other mums and go for it cause it will help you and your family later down the track and that is the main thing is to look after your family and yourself.

Kick ass girl and show the boys that mothers can do anything but 10 times better.

GIRL POWER!!!

Chat soon.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic