Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

is it just me? Lock Rss

Does anyone else feel that they have lost their identity now that their little babies are here in the world? Do you find that people always ask "How is the baby" and talk about everything else but no-one asks how you are? Do you find that people in your family that you had an ok relationship with all of a sudden are making a supreme effort to call or to see you far more often than you used to hear or see from them now you have a baby? It is great that everyone is so interested in your little one but they only want to seem to want to play and play with them without sometimes listening to you (as their mummy) that they are tired or that they need a nappy change or a feed when all they (the vsitors) want to do is playl So when they don't listen to you advocate for your baby in your babies needs how then can you feel comfortable for them to baby sit your baby so you can have some time to yourself or with your spouse/partner? Why do these people seem to be always of the grandparents on the inlaws side anyhow? LOL? Thanks for letting me have a whinge. Is it just me or does it happen to others too? It really does my head in sometimes. aahh, but I feel better now thanks guys. smile
oh yes when my bub was born i had in-laws around every day that i didn't even know.my mother in law called every day when i was trying to sleep,came over without calling,and every time i walk down the street someone comes straight up to Lillie and says"hi Lillie how are you today",and then look up and say something really stupid like "Oh hi Mim,i didn't see you there"...
Yes my 5 month old takes herself for a walk every day.
you do feel as though you loose your identidy because every single day is devoted to someone else
xxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

I think it starts as soon as you are pregnant. I kind of wished some-one, any-one would get me a little gift - isn't that silly. Its not that I am jelous of DD or ungreatful, just kind of wished I was congratulated for my part. I have remembered that, with friends that have had babies. I make sure I talk about them as much as possible.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Post deleted by administrator.
thanks mummies,

glad to know that it isn't just me! And you're right, it does really start when you are pregnant and man, those in-laws must all come from the same school of being "in-laws"!

Happy Easter to All,

Sj
Before I fall pregnant no one ask how I was but soon as I told them that I was pregnant they started to ask how I was but mostly about the baby, than when Jaye was born everyone would ask how Jaye and Dane(partner) was first and than they would wait for a while than ask how im going and it does annoy me about it.

All tell that I could pay more attention to Jaye and Dane and sometimes im just to tired to care what people have to say and I love my family but give me a break for change.

Chat soon.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic