Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. Still no return of menstral cycle!

Still no return of menstral cycle! Lock Rss

Hey,

My DD is now 9 months old and down to only four breast feeds a day. She has 3 big meals of solids a day. However I STILL dont have my period back yet. I did a pregnancy test about 2 months ago - obviously negative. But just dont know if its normal to still not have it back yet?

Jacquie, Mummy to Bailey, Tijana & Kaitlyn

Hey jacka - it is very normal, as long as you are generally feeling ok. I got one period, almost 3 months ago when I dropped DD down to two feeds a day (7am and 7pm). I have not had one since, however though I would. I too took pregnancy tests to rule it out, although hadn't had sex so was pretty sure I wasn't - lol.

I had a check up last week at the GP as getting a few pains, like period pains and certainly feeling 'hormonal'. He said I may not get my periods back until upto 3 months after I completely stop breast feeding. He said as long as I feel ok, don't stress - it is quite common when breast feeding. He gave me a fairly thorough physical as I wanted to feel a bit more confident that some-thing wasn't wrong. I feel better about it now, although, looking forward to being regular again just for peace of mind. I can also deal with the hormones a little better as know what is going on.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic