Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

contraception Lock Rss

Hi Girls,
Does anyone out there have the needle every 3 months to stop them from falling pregnant. I have noticed since I have been on it that my weight has increased and I am thinking of going back on the pill as I had no side affects on this.
We have finished our family and I thought the needle was a great idea but I am not sure about what it's doing to my body.
A few friends had the same trouble as me and stopped using it also, does anyone out there know of people that have used it or maybe even yourself.
Any helpful advice or suggestions would be great if you have any or heard about this needle.
Thanks.

I had the Depo injections for a couple of years, it was brilliant as I never got my period. I was lucky in that I didn't have any weight gain, the only side effect according to DH was for a few days after the needle. He said I'd turn into mega b1tc* - lol. Back then we weren't married and certainly not thinking of children. There are a few side effects such as it taking 12 months (plus) in some cases to conceive after ceasing it, also things like increased chance of cancer amongst other things if you stay on for long periods of time. My Doctor wouldn't let me go on it more than 2 years because of increases risks after that time frame. I think if you are keen to try for another baby in the next 12-24 months then maybe look at the pill or other contraceptive methods. If you've been on Depo for a year or more, then maybe time to think of giving your body a break from it. Best of luck.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi threelittleman when I was in my early 20's I was on the needle and I put on alot of weight and cant stop eating all the time and my mood swings will they were awful. But I know there is this new thing out that you can put into your arm and you leave it in your arm for 3 years and if you ever want it out they just take it out and it doesnt cost much.

Cause that I am getting when I have finish breastfeeding cause with the pill that didnt stop me getting pregnant but that's cool I have a beautiful baby girl.

I hope that has help.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic