Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. What exercises can I do to get rid of my tummy?

What exercises can I do to get rid of my tummy? Lock Rss

My daughter is nearly nine months old and I still have a massive tummy (I look like I gave birth maybe a month ago) so looking for some exercises to do to try to tone it a bit.

I look much worse as I am quite small (normally size 8-10) and didn't really put on weight anywhere else while pregnant - I only have about two kilos to lose and that is all tummy! So I don't think walking or running are gonna do; I need something targeted.

I can't afford to join a gym or buy equipment.
Ok this may sound weird but it will work and better than anything else it needs no equipment so give it a go.

All you have to do is tense your abdominal muscles. Try and do it as often as possible but don't hold you breath. Do it will sitting or walking around try and do it all the time if you can. The more you use them the more they tone up and the more fat they burn. At the start you may thing nothing much is happening but after a day or so your abs will be quite sore.

It helps with posture which also helps get rid of tummy.

sit ups, even if u cant do them properly at first
the best way to burn tummy fat is to get your heart rate up and sweat . Like aerobix or running , I love Zumba !
I second the zumba. We dont have classes where i live so i just bought the dvd's online and they were only $35 (i think that included postage) off the trading post online and they were Brand new. I too had a baby bulge and it has done wonders and its fun and helps tone the rest of the body too.
Thanks for the replies ladies! Have started holding in abdominal muscles, it feels a bit weird but will keep it up! Also tried sit-ups. Can't do Zumba as no time to go to class and can't afford DVDs.
im starting to lose my belly by using the wii fit plus it can aim for those areas or any area that u wonna do i love it plus i do relaxation on it which i need as bub can just be a little stressful sometimes lol anyway good luck

im starting to lose my belly by using the wii fit plus it can aim for those areas or any area that u wonna do i love it plus i do relaxation on it which i need as bub can just be a little stressful sometimes lol anyway good luck

I have just got a wii fit. What exercises etc do you do?? Especially the ones that target the tummy!!!

/ur

i just go into the ones that they already have there they have ones for arms legs belly relaxation etc mines packed atm as we are moving
You should start yoga and maintain your diet.
Sign in to follow this topic