Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

What to eat to gain weight Lock Rss

Hi, im currently BF DD2 & eat alot of different foods throughout the day. I mostly eat healthy foods but do occasionally enjoy an unhealthy snack (who doesnt lol) My meal sizes are huge, & i snack freguently. Im constantly getting comments on how thin i am.
Any tips on how to put on weight while BF ??
i have no suggestions but I just wanted to say that I am jealous tongue

when you find something that works.....let me know.

i've been trying to gain weight aswell since having DS. little bugger just sucks all my goodness

Hi, im currently BF DD2 & eat alot of different foods throughout the day. I mostly eat healthy foods but do occasionally enjoy an unhealthy snack (who doesnt lol) My meal sizes are huge, & i snack freguently. Im constantly getting comments on how thin i am.
Any tips on how to put on weight while BF ??

Im the same as you, after four kids I am 50kgs and lost the preg weight within a week. I think if you are eatting a well balanced diet, fruit, veges, Breads, Cereals, etc I think you dont need to be concerned about your weight. I tend to eat alot of eggs for protein, fish, spinch, cheese,nuts, yogurt, home made vege soup is a real fav of mine for lunch, try a multi vit. Drink loads of water and vege juice. Limit your caffine, chocolate, coffee etc.
How tall are you? Has the doc said your underweight? I am meant to be between 50 and 55kgs for my height.. If you are really unhealthy, it will show on your skin, if you have clear skin and hold your energy levels well then I wouldnt stress.
Have you tried high energy healthy foods like nuts, avocados, full cream dairy, juices and eggs? You can get supplements from the chemist like sustagen as well if you find it hard to eat enough. Having said that, like PP I'm jealous! smile

i have no suggestions but I just wanted to say that I am jealous tongue

lol the grass is always greener on the other side!

when you find something that works.....let me know.

i've been trying to gain weight aswell since having DS. little bugger just sucks all my goodness

I blame it on my daughter too lol. When she's only feeding 1-2 times a day it will probably be easier to put on weight. Breastfeeding uses alot of extra calories! I seriously dont think ive felt full since ive been breastfeeding despite how much i eat! lol

lol the grass is always greener on the other side!

It seems that way doesn't it? wink by the way I love your comment of your ticker about feeling like a cow....everytime I read it, it makes me smile grin grin grin

Im the same as you, after four kids I am 50kgs and lost the preg weight within a week. I think if you are eatting a well balanced diet, fruit, veges, Breads, Cereals, etc I think you dont need to be concerned about your weight. I tend to eat alot of eggs for protein, fish, spinch, cheese,nuts, yogurt, home made vege soup is a real fav of mine for lunch, try a multi vit. Drink loads of water and vege juice. Limit your caffine, chocolate, coffee etc.
How tall are you? Has the doc said your underweight? I am meant to be between 50 and 55kgs for my height.. If you are really unhealthy, it will show on your skin, if you have clear skin and hold your energy levels well then I wouldnt stress.

With my DD1 i was actually a few kg lighter after the birth than i was before i fell preg with her. With DD2 my weight stayed about the same. I havent weighed myself for awhile but im around the 50kg mark & i think im 163 cm tall. Its so annoying when people say i look anorexic (i dont take comments to heart so thats not a problem) but then i say "You should see how much i eat!" lol.

I vary my diet as much as i can. I dont drink coffee, i mostly drink water sometimes a milo or a cordial, I eat heaps of vegies & meat, pasta at least once a day. I was iron deficient after DD2 was born but everything else was normal & i think i have my iron back on track now. My energy levels are good most of the time and when they're not its usually because i havent had enough sleep.

There's probably nothing to worry about. The doc has mentioned it but didnt say much. My mum occasionally tells me ive lost abit more weight. But it could be stress too (DD2 had a rough start to life). Once she cuts down feeds it might help me to gain abit more weight.

Have you tried high energy healthy foods like nuts, avocados, full cream dairy, juices and eggs? You can get supplements from the chemist like sustagen as well if you find it hard to eat enough. Having said that, like PP I'm jealous! smile

Well im allergic to nuts so i dont eat them lol. The rest i do eat though. And im constantly eating all day! I think if i wasnt breastfeeding id be putting on at least 4kg a day! lol

Feel free to pass some fat over my way!! laugh

It seems that way doesn't it? wink by the way I love your comment of your ticker about feeling like a cow....everytime I read it, it makes me smile grin grin grin

Haha glad it makes u smile grin
I know exactly how you feel, I put 3kg in total during my first pregnancy and left the hospital with my jeans on. I went to a dietician after being told how horrible I look. They suggested I increase my carbs and replace lite milk to full-cream milk. So I eat the usual (5 groups of vegies and 2 fruits) daily, continue snacking throughout the day, drive 8 glasses of water, lunch usually consists of a sandwich (which is easy to eat with one hand when BF) and dinner has some kind of carb.

You'd be amazed how much weight you put on when you have carbs at night.

Good luck.
Sign in to follow this topic