Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Is anyone using the Implanon?? Lock Rss

Hi,
Is anyone out there using the Implanon?? If so how are you finding it??
I seem to have my period all the time and my baby is 10.5 months old and I still haven't lost any of my pregnancy weight.
I am wondering if the weight thing is due to the fact that I am still breastfeeding or if I have this Implanon in.
Thanks everyone
Hi
I had one put in when Jeb was 7 weeks as I too was b/fing....that didn't last long but. Anyway, I didn't get a period when I first had it in for nearly 2 months then did I get it!! It lasted for over 2 weeks. I thought nothing of it because of the whole having a bub thing. 3 weeks later I got in again and it too lasted 2 weeks. I found that I could go anywhere from 2.5 to 5 weeks between periods (very irregular) and they lasted for up to 2 weeks. A lot of the time they would go for 5-7 days then stop for 2-4 days then start up again! Very frustrating!!! I had it taken out 4 weeks ago now and went back on the normal pill. I too found it VERY hard to lose weight while on it.....nearly impossible and I wasn't b/fing and eating really well!! But since getting it out I have lost around 5kg easily in 4 weeks. A friend of mine also had one and she too found it put weight on her and nearly impossible to lose it.
Hi Kelliem,
I have had friends that have put on a lot of weight when they have had the implanon. I chose to have the Depo needles every 3 months since the birth of my last baby now 13mnts old. I noticed I was gaining weight even when breastfeeding and was hungry all the time.
This too can cause weight gain which I was unaware of so I have now got a period and started to use the pill again.
I am finding it REALLY hard to loose weight so I am hoping that now I am back on the pill my body will sort itself out.
I personally think it is the implant that is giving you trouble as breastfeeding is supposed to help loose and maintain your weight which worked for me with my other 2 boys.
Hope things settle down
Chars

Sign in to follow this topic