Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. Penrith Mums Weight Loss Challenge

Penrith Mums Weight Loss Challenge Lock Rss

Ladies,

Thought i would strat a new thread for our Weight Loss Challenge.

For all the new mums in the Penrith area here is a run down on what our aim is.

We will all post our current weights on this thread and a goal weight and time frame for reaching that goal. We will be "eating healthy" and exercising on our own we will also have two days a week where we will meet at the Penrith Regatta centre to walk. At the moment these days are Monday and Thursday (subject to change to suite). Carly Happy to make monday 10.30am to suite with Alyssa's swimming lessons (i thought monday because you are already in the area) and Thrusday we can go at 9am or earlier if mums and bubs think they can be ready earlier.

Then once a fortnight we will catch up for a coffee and a healhty snack to provide face to face encouragement and swap tips and tricks.

This thread will aslo be for things like, low fat recipies, having a bad day, having a great day. We will also post our weight every Sunday loss or gain as there is no judgement here only support - because i am sure we will all gain.

Any and all suggestions on how this can work better would be great.

Penrith mums unite and encourage to lose weight.

I currently weight 70Kg and want to lose 10 kilos by October for a friends wedding. So here goes.
Ok here goes. I am currently 64.5kg and would like to get back to my prepregnancy weight of 57kg but would be happy with 58.5 ( I got down to that on Weight Watchers).

Donna, thanks for offering to change to fit in with Alyssa's swimming. If that is ok with everyone else that would be great! We are on the waiting list for another class on Tuesdays so once she is in that one it won't be a problem for me to go earlier on a Monday.

I am already having a bad day because I have the munchies cos it's so cold but I am hanging in there. I think Alyssa and I might go for a walk to take my mind off it.

A little tip that I have heard is that a Canadian study found that people were three times more likely to lose weight if they ate three serves of low fat dairy products a day rather than cutting dairy out altogether. Maybe this is because it is low GI and a fairly complete food with regards to nutrients. I don't know if it works but I am going to try it.

Sorry for the long post. Good luck everyone. Let's keep each other motivated.

Carly - mummy to Alyssa, Ava and Mason

Sign in to follow this topic