Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. Losing weight safe whilst breast feeding???

Losing weight safe whilst breast feeding??? Lock Rss

Hi there Mums & Bubs smile

I have a 10mth old boy who I'm still breast feeding 3-4 times in 24hrs. I desperately want to lose about 10-15kgs so I can start to try for No.2. There is no way I'm getting pregnant carrying so much weight BUT is it safe to try something like the Tony Ferguson Diet whilst still breast feeding? I know someone who lost 10kgs doing Weight Watchers and she didn't mention she was breast feeding (you have to so they can add more calories/points to your plan) and it never affected her milk supply.

I've contacted the Tony Ferguson site and they claim it's not recommended for breast feeding Mums.

I guess I'm paranoid my milk will stop but at the same time I really need (more than want) to shift 10-15kgs and fast!

HELP!

Michelle,Connor,Jai 2/7/08

I really think that Tony Ferguson diet is not suitable for breastfeeding mothers. that diet is to put your body into ketosis mode, the substance that your body will produce will go to the breast milk and is toxic for the baby. Im pretty sure its like that. I apologize if its not true, I believe I read that somewhere.
Go with WW, my friend who is a personal trainer recommended that. I joined Jenny Craig for 4 weeks and that was the best decision I've made. It suited me because I wasnt hungry at all ( I even struggle to finish the meals)and I dont have to prepare the meals.
Do research of what suits you, plenty of safe choices out there smile
Best of Luck.

Inez, perth WA, Sophie 23/01/06, Jet 21/09/07

Sign in to follow this topic