Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. How do you make close friends......

How do you make close friends...... Lock Rss

Hi all,

Just wondering if you guys have close bonds with any mums you have met since having your bubs?

I like most mums have drifted from most of my childhood friends which I had really until I was pregnant and slowly we have drifted apart.
I see my mums group on a weekly-fortnightly basis and while they are great girls and we all get along well I am not sure if I bond as such with them to call them a 'close' friend. I feel comfortable enough to talk babies with them but dont think the friendships are close enough to talk if I had a big problem as such in say my personal life yet.

I guess I feel like I dont have anyone I would call a 'best friend'

I would love to get closer to people that I share a common interest with but unlike my childhood friends I am not with them all day long like you are in school to get to know them more so I am not sure how to try to get closer to them.

Do you find it is a natural thing where you guys bonded straight away or is it something that you worked on a bit and if so what did you do?

Thanks in advance for any advise
hi there
im srry i dont have any advice but i feel the same as u.I had what i thought were close friends at work but since having bub have found there not really friends at all.im finding myself spending alot of time alone and it does get u down after a while.
I do miss having that best friend where u go see a girly flick,spend all hubbys money shopping or just having a heart to heart over a coffee and chocy.
i didnt really click with anyone at mothers group which was a shame as i thought i would.i think for some its natural to bond and for others like me u need to work on it.

are u quite bubbly and forward or are u a little shy like me and sit back waiting for people to talk to u.

sorry i couldnt help
I am similar to you darkandstormy in that I don't really have a 'best friend' any-more, but wish that I did. I've had a transient life style with work which doesn't help I suppose. I have found the people I have bonded the most with since having DD are interstate. Sure its lovely to e-mail, chat on MSN and catch up in person every now and then, but I wish I had a 'bestie' - lol.

I find that people I don't 'click' with straight away, I never bond with as such. Usually my gut instinct about people is spot on. I'm not like most chicks though so probably not the best example - lol.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi Guys
Can relate to this thread pretty well I reckon. I was lucky in some ways as my best friend fell pregnant not long after I did, so we still had plenty in common. My other friends kinda drifted away. I have since made two close friends through our Playgroup. Mind you, my son and I joined the group when James was six months old, and he is now nearly three (birthday in end of August). It has been only the last 6-8 months that I would have described these two particular ladies as 'close' friends though. I get along with most of the people in our playgroup (we have a great group, minus one mother but she doesn't come very often anymore anyway). I guess it just takes time and trust to build up to close friendships. For me, I can say first impressions mean everything to me. I have learnt to trust my intuition over the years and those people that I get good feelings about are usually the ones that prove to be the ones I feel most comfortable with over time.

James' Mum

I know when I wasnt pregnant thats when I had best friends but soon as I fell pregnant and wasnt going out and drinking thats when they didnt want to know me and it hurt and I dont go to playgroup but we go to swimming and but I wouldnt call them my best friends.

I know if someone has a simlar personallity to me thats when I bond very easier but it takes me a long time to trust in people cause I have been done over to many times.

Out of all the girls that I went to school with I only talk to one and she has always been there for me.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Post deleted by administrator.
Hi Everyone
Atlast I know that I am not the only one who can't make friends very easily......I thougt its only me a s i am a quiet sort of person , very down to earth, can,t express myself very easily(specially when i meet someone in person.but can do it pretty good when over the phone or email or chat room...met my DH that way.....peculiar isn't it /.)....get husrt easily. but now know that there r people like me out there.
naz
Sign in to follow this topic