Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. How do you cope when you are really cranky

How do you cope when you are really cranky Lock Rss

I'm in a foul mood, the worst I've been in, well in ages. Had a rough night, assume its teething. DD went back down at 7am so DH and I are sitting here waiting for her to wake up so we can go to work (take her to kindy etc). I am just so very, very cranky. Probably hormones are a bit nuts as well as fully weaned DD now - no more boob - yippee !!!

Anyway, wondered what you do when you are ultra cranky. Thought you might have some funny advice to cheer me up some.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

I am trying to cut back on caffine sad So yesterday I searched the supermarket isles for something to takle the place of coffee, what I found was Peppermint Tea - ah Yum!! Maybe a nice cup of peppermint tea would pep up your day smile Probably not but Tim Tams will help. If you have given up BF could your period be on its way - in a big way?

Cheer up babe xx

Hi Kazi,
Just enjoy the foulness of your mood! Sit and simmer for a while then take it all out on DH of course! This is what I like to do, he doesn't mind, in fact he enjoys a good confrontation!
You could also take it out on some household things like, aggressive vacuuming or ripping wallpaper off!
Maybe you could phone up a talk radio station and have a good (if barely coherent) rant?
That's a few ideas although you are probably your usual sweet tempered self by now, save them for next time!

Jen and 13mth Harvey

oh Kazi i hate being cranky
i usually grab a nectarine or a choc wedge and sit and eat my grumppiness away
or i ring my mummy and have a sook to her
just talking about it make all hte differene

or you could run around the back yard naked screaming at the top of you voice
whatever works

xxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hey Kazi

I have a rotten cold and I soooo desperately wanted to stay in bed this morning. I also had a stink night, if it wasn't the baby it was my snotty nose (sorry). But at least bubs is fairly happy and she cheers me up with her smiles. My mum came for lunch and cleaned my kitchen which cheered me up immensely and I have ordered my husband to go to the supermarket and buy ice cream and cold beer for my scratchy throat ahhh things to look forward to

Oh well tomorrow is another day

Leanne, NZ, Ella age 2 & Sam age 6months

I don't think I do cope when I get cranky sad
Hi Kazi you lucky bugger to have DD wean off you cause Jaye is still on the boob and when im in a awful mood thats when I put some happy music on and dance around with Jaye or count to 10 and that works sometimes.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic