Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Going on a holidays with bub!! Rss

I have a 41/2 month old and was wondering if anyone has any holiday ideas or been on a good holiday lately?? I'm at a loss for ideas, anyones input would be great!

Thanks Karen

Karen,WA,Emily born 4th June

Hi Karen,

Don't have any great ideas, but a tip!!

Make sure the microwave oven is big enough for your bottles and sterilizer if appropriate!! Some are very compact!

Take as many things as possible to continue a normal bedtime routine. Familarity as in toys, blankets etc, work wonders!! Don'y underestimate your babys memory of his cosy bed at home!!

Goodluck, let us know what happens!
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Karen,

There is another post on travelling tips and I posted a heap of things to remember and ideas for the trip. They could come in handy for you.

Ditto to what Tepe said as well.

As far as where to go - anywhere you please! It's a great adventure. You could try staying with relatives for a part of it or for your first trip. They can look after the baby if you would like to go and do something without the baby.

A lot of places you can stay at provide a cot, highchair or a babysitting service. Just ring around a few to see what they offer and if they charge a lot for the services they do provide.

I take pretty much everything we use at home when we go away, even the highchair. You can buy travel highchairs, which sit on a normal chair with a cushion and the the harness and straps over the back of the chair and they're compact. Don't forget about your baby bathing. You may need to take your own bath, or at the very least a big basin, if you prefer a bath and there isn't one in your accommodation.

Don't forget your bottles, sterilising equipment and bottle/teat brushes, spare teats, food, linen, blankets, towels, toys, bibs, etc.

Either way, you'll have a ball.

Ange.
Sign in to follow this topic