Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Stretch Marks Lock Rss

Hi again,

Just wondering does any mums out there still got stretch marks on their belly after birth? I gave birth 15 months ago, I thought as time goes by, strech marks would fade away, but I am not that lucky. I have used strech marks eraser lotions such as L'Oreal and coco nut butter but I was just too lazy to apply them on a long term basis, despite I don't have that kind of luxury time to myself anyway.

I'd love to hear other mums opinions.

Lucy

Lucy, mum to Stephanie-12/11/03

hi i really didnt get any even with 3 pregnancies do have some on thighs but that was b.c
i noticed my sister still has some on her belly she is thin as a rake now but was huge when pg her son is almost 6!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I have a 20 month old daughter and mine are as bad now as they ever were. Plus I have olive skin so they are dark brown! I also got very big very very quickly and my skin stretched so far that it wont go back. I dont mean a small amount either, I have a flap of skin hanging from my stomach!!! When I finish having kids, I have told DH that I want a tummy tuck!
I wouldnt worry too much about stretch marks, my husband calls them baby tickle marks. He says to wear them with pride as that is what shows Im a mother.
Nice in theory though hey? LOL
What a great husband you must have elorasmum. That comment should make all the mums feel better. Ps I have them too but they dont really worry me - i wont be wearing a bikini anytime soon - have to loose the baby belly first.
Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your stories. Well, I think I will learn to appreiciate with the look with stretch marks on. Even my hubby said that they are the most picture on the world, but I still would like to get rid them off one day. I gained 15 kg during pregnancy and that's probably why it stretched so badly.

Lucy

Lucy, mum to Stephanie-12/11/03

Hi lucy

I too have stretch marks, i i don't think they go away just fade. I have 4 kids the oldest being 11, i only got the marks with him and didn't get any new ones with the next three so i suppose thats a good thing.
Mine are just a pale silver colour now.

jo, kids, 13, 11, 8 & 2yrs

Hi i have stretch marks i only had my little girl 4 months ago, ive been using BIO-OIL (when i remember) I find it works ive noticed the difference in about 2-3 weeks it takes time but i think if i remember to use it more it will work faster,
U can buy it at any chemist its about 14 dollars but worth it. I found coconut buuter did nothing.

Shelley, NSW, Breanna 19/11/04, Lachlan 5/01/07

Hi, i was reading mother and Baby magazine over the last few nights and i have come across another cream/oil that may help and i am willing to give it a go. Its called Bio Oil and can get it from Priceline, Amcal Chemists etcs. I have a 4 mth old and when i was pregnant i grew quite rapidly and i have always been quite slim, so the stretch mark appeared all over my stomach and hips. I was using the Palmers stretch mark cream (concentrated) and i found that worked very well. But i agree, there is no time to apply it especially when the baby is crying for attention. I can let you know how i go with it.

Kath (SA)

Kath M (Dylan 2 & Lachlan 8mths)

It doesnt work. Nice thought though. I thik we just have to deal with them and wear 'em with pride!
Hi
I got stretch marks after having my 1st child, but after her birth I started to apply pure "Vitamin E" cream each morning after my shower, this helped to fade my stretch marks, so then they are not obvious to see, I dont' think stretch marks go away they can just fade and Vitamin E cream is the best for it, don't go wasting money on all these expensive creams they dont' work, vitamin E cream is cheap at the chemists and it does fade them but you have to do it each day until they do fade this took a little while. Again after I had my 2nd child I got some new stretch marks and I applied the cream afterwards and they have faded again. So maybe give Vitamin E cream a go!

Hi everyone,

I got some really nasty stretch marks when i was pregnant with my son they looked really red and sore. 22 months later they are hardly noticeable they are a white silvery sort of colour and you can only notice them if you look up real close. I haven't used anything on my stretch marks and they have pretty much faded away to nothing. You don't have to go out an buy expensive creams because in time they will fade. I don't mind having them either they remind me of the wonderful time i had when i was pregnant.

Larnie

Mummy to Joshie 15/07/03 & Hannah Lily 26/02/06

Interesting read this! I thought everyone got stretch marks!

My husband and I have called them my tiger stripes since they first appeared, and talked about getting matching pants!

Making a joke out of them made it easier to deal with, and now I don't notice them. Do notice that tummy flap though.....I'll just have to fill it with another baby I guess wink

Louis' Mum, Wgtn, where did that year go!?!

Sign in to follow this topic